Creator: Brian K. Vaughan
A well-regarded comic writer in both fan and literary circles.Selected bibliography:
- Y: The Last Man - Follows the story of Yorick Brown and his monkey Ampersand, the last males left alive after every mammal with a Y chromosome suddenly drops dead.
- Ex Machina - The story of Mitchell Hundred: superhero-turned-Mayor of New York City.
- Pride of Baghdad - Based on a True Story of a pride of four lions that escaped from Baghdad zoo and wandered the ruined city for some time.
- Runaways - Six kids discover their parents are a fearsome group of supervillains. Co-created by Vaughan and ongoing without his creative input.
- Doctor Strange: The Oath - A five-issue mini about Strange's attempt to save his friend's life while opposed by a corrupt pharmaceuticals company bent on Withholding the Cure.
- The Hood - A six-issue mini which introduced the character who would go on to become a recurring menace to the Avengers.
- Saga - A science fiction/fantasy hybrid which takes place in a far away galaxy. Involves robots with TV-shaped heads having sex.
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 - A Comic Book Adaptation of the television series. Vaughan wrote the "No Future For You" story arc (issues # 6-9).
- ''The Escapists'' - The story of three friends who attempt to revive a Golden Age comic book hero. A spinoff/sequel to Michael Chabon's novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay.
- Swamp Thing - Volume 3, which focused largely on the Swampthing's daughter Tefe Holland.
- Spider-man/Doctor Octopus: Negative Exposure - A miniseries that follows a frusterated rival Daily Bugel photographer who helps Dr. Octopus break out of prison.
- "Tom Strong'': A Fire In His Belly - A single issue story that focuses on Tom's robot butler Pnuman.
BKV was also a writer on LOST
. His current television project is Under the Dome
, based on the Stephen King
Brian K. Vaughan's works contain examples of: