Creator / Billy Birmingham
Billy Birmingham is an Australian humourist and sometime sports journalist, most noted for his parodies of Nine Network cricket
commentary in recordings under The Twelfth Man
- Affably Evil: Max Walker is affable, but willing to commit acts of violence and obscenity in order to get his job back. The real Walker enjoys this version of himself.
- As Long as It Sounds Foreign: He loves making PunnyNames using Australian English phases.
- Bias Steamroller: Bill Lawry unashamedly cheers on Victorians. Not that much of an exaggeration from his real commentary.
- In My Language, That Sounds Like...: Those Punny Names sound quite plausable (as some are takes on real names)
- Insistent Terminology: "That's not Canary Yellow, that's Australian Gold my friend and don't you fucking forget it!"
- Something Only They Would Say: At the start of Wired World of Sports II, Max Walker gets a call from Richie Benaud; however, he doesn't believe it's him because Richie has every reason to hate him - and does.
Richie Benaud: Max, it's Richie Benaud.
Max Walker: Yeah, right, who is it?
Richie Benaud: I told you, it's Richie Benaud.
Max Walker: Nah, fair dinkum, who is it?
Richie Benaud: Max, shut the fuck up! It's me, you dopey bastard!
Max Walker: Richie! It is you!