Yenny is a newspaper comic strip (also available online) written by David Alvarez. It began in 1988 as a comic called Zacha & Anyelín, and it originated in a Puerto Rican newspaper, and has been running on GoComics for nearly a decade straight.It stars Yenny, a sexy but short-tempered Puerto Rican girl who dreams of becoming a top model, but fails because her feet are too big. Despite all the Fanservice, the series mostly features Looney Tunes-type humor (Alvarez also used to draw DC Comics' Looney Tunes series). Other characters include: her mother, Yunny, who is as sexy as her daughter (and even tougher); their sarcastic pet lizard, Zacha; Yenny's best friend, Tomato, and her rival, stuck up rich girl Margot.On Halloween, 2011, Dave announced that Yenny's run on GoComics would end and he would no longer seek a supporter for a mainstream syndicated comic strip run in the United States, let alone an animated project, citing executive meddling, racism toward the people of the state despite them being an official commonwealth area of America, and fear of a sexy Puerto Rican lead role being a bad role model for audiences. He will continue her adventures in full-page volumes instead of daily comic strips. However, Dave later announced the daily strips would be continued by another artist if he had to find one. Besides, Dave is storyboarding on the second season of The Looney Tunes Show.The entire collection of Yenny comics from 2003 to 2011 is now archived to be bought at Dave's website here.
Yenny contains examples of:
- Accessory-Wearing Cartoon Animal: Zacha wears a collar.
- Digital Piracy Is Evil: In a story arc, Yenny goes to see the first Transformers movie at a theater, but Zacha takes a camera with her to record the movie off the screen and sell pirated DVDs of it, much to Yenny's annoyance.
- Friendly Enemies: Yenny and Margot. Margot picks on her a lot, but they still hang out together and Margot even invites Yenny to some of her parties. She'll even help Yenny at times.
- Grandma, What Massive Hotness You Have!: Other than some wrinkles and grey hair Abuela Yanny has the same curvy build as her daughter and granddaughter and shares their taste in leg revealing clothes.
- Invisible Streaker: Yenny became one for a week in October and November 2005.
- Make Me Wanna Shout: In an April 2006 arc, Zacha gets on Yenny's nerves by bragging to her about Kelso, but upon seeing Kelso behind a rock, Yenny shouts for him so loud that she causes a giant earthquake in Puerto Rico, which even injures her badly so she was delivered to the hospital. A few days later, when Yenny is playing with Buk the sea turtle, he bites Yenny's toe and she shouts loudly again causing another earthquake and goes back to the hospital.
- Relationship Upgrade: In the early strips, Kelso had a crush on Yenny and the strip played up his nervousness and awkwardness around her as much as possible. They have since become a couple, and then broke up, and then Kelso hooked up with someone else.
- Theme Naming: Yenny, Yunissa,Yenny's mother, Yomar, Yenny's brother and Yessy, her baby sister.
- Tickle Torture: Yenny has the most sensitive skin in the world. This was played for all the fanservice/humor possible in the early strips.