Incandescence is an American comic book series by D. F. Lee, published from 2013 - current. Incandescence is a slacker girl
named Audrey Hammond who reluctantly fills the shoes of her super-hero mother and finds that it may actually be what she's best at. It can be found here
Incandescence contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Even in childhood, Audrey proved to be this, defending her nerdy friends from packs of bullies on a regular basis.
- Anime Hair: The titular character has a hairdo that looks to be the product of a union between Lisa Simpson and Goku.
- Berserk Button: Don't ever mess with Audrey's friends or family!
- Clark Kenting: She makes no attempt to fool those closest to her, but no one else in the city seems to notice that Incandescence and Audrey Hammond are both petite blondes with green eyes who run around in tights all day and are never in the same place at the same time. The only difference is the hairstyle!
- Combat Stilettos: Incandescence has no problem running or fighting in 5-inch heels.
- Costume Test Montage: There's one of these in the first issue.
- Flying Brick: Flight, super strength, super toughness and electric powers.
- Happily Adopted: Audrey and her brother were evidently adopted, but clearly love the parents who adopted them and seem well-adjusted despite allusions to a Dark and Troubled Past.
- Leotard of Power: Incandescence is most comfortable in this due to her dance background.
- Like an Old Married Couple: First-issue villains Ball and Chain are like this.
- Petite Pride: Incandescence does not have the Most Common Superpower.
- Superheroes Wear Capes: It's a very short one, but a cape nonetheless.
- Superheroes Wear Tights
- Tights Under Shorts: It's interesting to note that Incandescence is not bare-legged or wearing the standard bold-colored superhero tights, but instead is wearing plain opaque black tights.