Comic Book: Cruelty
A furry comic book (originally webcomic) by Rukis.Reis is a wolfdog whose closest friend is Marcus, a gay fennec fox. It starts out with Reis bringing Marcus home so he'd recover from a beating. Marcus learns that Reis is having some trouble at home due to Reis' parents' drug problems. Turns out, Reis is following in their footsteps.
Cruelty provides examples of:
- Addled Addict: The reason Reis's mom is never around. In Unconditional, she dies of an overdose. Reis's father is already dead.
- Drugs Are Bad: Reis's father overdosed, his mother's been arrested multiple times for drug abuse and Reis himself is addicted to Oxytocin and Codiene—and that's just the drugs we're told about.
- Feel No Pain: Reis due to him being high as a kite.
- Functional Addict: Reis
- Furry Comic: Yep.
- Groin Attack: Reis is on the receiving one during his fight with Tobias and Keith. It has no effect because he's on drugs.
- Interactive Fiction: There are two paths the plot can take. They have no real affect on the ending.
- Ivy League for Everyone: Marcus gets accepted into Raemont, which is said to be Ivy League.
- Made of Iron: Reis. He gets into a fight and kicks his attackers' asses, even though he's been bloodied and kneed in the groin. Turns out, he's drugged to the gills.
- Oh Crap!: Tobias's reaction when bloodying Reis's face and later kneeing him in the balls has virtually no effect. Then Marcus's reaction when he sees Reis being arrested.
- Parental Abandonment: His mom is in jail; his dad's dead of an overdose.
- Police Are Useless: Thoroughly averted. Rukis even got help from a real cop for this comic.
- Porn with Plot: The porn part is averted if you take the plot path that Marcus does not spend the night with Reis.
- Prison: Reis ends up jailed for assault and drug possession.
- Punch! Punch! Punch! Uh Oh...: Pretty much the entire fight between Tobias and Keith vs. Reis
- Rouge Angles of Satin: It gets rather egregious when the author uses "based" instead of "best", amongst other flubs.
- Teeny Weenie: Tobias is mocked for having one, even for a feline. This mockery is what triggers Tobias to beat up Marcus and pick a fight with Reis.