Star Wars: Agent of the Empire
is a comic book series from Dark Horse Comics written by John Ostrander. Set between 3 BBY and 0 BBY, the miniseries will follow the Imperial Intelligence agent Jahan Cross and his droid IN-GA 44 whose undercover assignments for the Empire take them across the galaxy to exotic locales, filled with danger and intrigue. The first issue was released in December 2011. Part of the Star Wars Expanded Universe
This comic series contains the following:
- Anything That Moves: Jahan seems to have no problem with sex with alien females. Played with as this is part of his mission.
- Admittedly, they were stepmother and daughter.
- Big Bad: Iaco Stark
- Captain Ersatz: Jahan Cross is one for James Bond, specifically a combination of the Connery and Craig versions.
- Continuity Porn: We finally get to see Dooku's homeworld, we get a previous comic series from a decade ago form the crux of another plot, and a substantial portion of the second trade takes place on Alderaan.
- For the Evulz: Darth Vader forces the heirs of Serenno's Great Houses to murder their patriarchs as punishment for the Clone Wars.
- Generic Doomsday Villain: Iaco Stark becomes one.
- Handsome Lech: Jahan Cross appears to be one.
- Overt Agent: Jahan seems to have problems with this.
- Ridiculously Human Robot: Averted, surprisingly. IN-GA is supposed to be a sexy human replica robot but Jahan Stark doesn't like droids which look that way.
- Shaggy Dog Story: Implied for Hard Targets. Jahan Cross goes to elaborate lengths to save the young Count of Serenno. In the end, he manages to save him. Where does he select for him to hide out? Alderaan.
- Spy Drama: Dirty Martini variant. It has glamorous settings, big explosions, and beautiful women, but the main character works for an Evil Empire (though he isn't really that evil) battling evil enemies.
- Xanatos Gambit: Jahan Cross is a master of these.
- Would Not Hurt A Child: Jahan Cross' one line. He's perfectly willing to kill anyone else who stands in his way.