Characters: The D-Pad
The D-Pad (Seasons 1 - 3), The D-Pad Let's Play, R-RatedThe original creator of The D-Pad, Rick serves as the director, editor, and general frontman of the group, keeping time during Let's Plays, and introducing new segments and elements to the channel.
- Alone Among the Couples: While Rick does have a girlfriend, who appeared in a single episode of the radio show, the rest of the team consists of couples who regularly appear together in Let's Plays.
- Broken Streak: Out of 120 radio show episodes, Rick hosted all of them... except for a single episode when a cruise vacation prevented him from participating.
- Chromatic Arrangement: Green.
- Cunning Linguist: He can converse in rudimentary French, as well as reading both French and German.
- Four Philosophy Ensemble: The Optimist.
- Knight in Sour Armor: For someone who loves Zelda, he's been finding a lot more to complain about as time goes on...
- Long-Range Fighter: He tends to prefer fighting from a distance, notably playing as the archer in Nintendo Land: Battle Quest.
- Annoying Arrows: Shot his teammates full of these during dull moments.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Blue Oni to John's Red, in Pokémon Rivals. He starts to fire up in a desperate attempt to catch up to John's winning streak in their face-offs, only slow down again after realizing his impatience was exacerbating things.
The D-Pad (Seasons 1 - 3), The D-Pad Let's Play, R-Rated
- Chromatic Arrangement: Red.
- Cunning Linguist: Can speak Japanese very well, having lived in Japan for a while.
- Sign Language: He can also communicate in American Sign Language.
- Four Philosophy Ensemble: The Realist.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red Oni to Rick's Blue, in Pokémon Rivals. He starts to calm down and take things slower after losing three of his oldest Pokémon in one hour.
The D-Pad (Seasons 2 - 3), The D-Pad Let's Play
- A Day in the Limelight: The 71st live episode of the radio show. Rick was away on vacation, leaving John and CJ to run the show. Surprisingly, it was CJ who assumed the role of host for the hour.
- Chromatic Arrangement: Blue.
- Four Philosophy Ensemble: The Apathetic.
- Sign Language: He can communicate in American Sign Language.
The D-Pad Let's Play, Ben Streams
The D-Pad Let's Play
- Ambiguously Brown: While it's been discussed a number of times, rendering it unabmbiguous note , she has claimed to use this quality to mess with people before.
- Black and Nerdy: She gets into the Pokémon battles at least as much as the guys do.
- Cunning Linguist: She can speak Japanese on roughly the same level as John.
- Sassy Black Woman
The D-Pad Let's Play
- Cunning Linguist: She can communicate in Spanish due to her college studies.
- Limelight Series: The Chzo Mythos. Until this point, Carolyn had exclusively been a commentator and never actually played a game for the channel.
The D-Pad Let's Play
- Cunning Linguist: She has been learning Japanese, with John's help.
The D-Pad (Season 2), The D-Pad Let's Play
- Chromatic Arrangement: Violet.
- Stronger Sibling: Ian is a decidedly better Zelda player than John, including knowing a few game-breaking bugs by heart.
Midboss' Pirate Radio pilot, The D-Pad Let's Play
The D-Pad (Seasons 1 - 2), The D-Pad Let's Play
- Fun Personified: Taken perhaps a little too far in the original pilot for The Legendary Let's Play. He intentionally goofed off during the opening section of the game, taking longer to reach the Deku Tree than it would later take to complete the dungeon in the official reshoot.
Steve DiTullio, Cait Spain, and Brandon Vogel
The D-Pad Let's Play (5 Days a Stranger)
Characters exclusively appearing in specific series can be found on that series' Characters page.
debuted in Skyward Sword, appears randomly since
- Captain Ersatz: This iteration of Fi is based heavily on Fi from Dorkly Bits
- Captain Obvious: In every meaning of the term. She will go out of her way to stop everything just to make sure the player understands exactly what was just explained to them by someone or something else.
- Super OCD: She has an unnatural obsession with dowsing for everything under the sun. Including wallets, eyes, and herself.
- Verbal Tic: MASTER LINK, MASTER LINK!
- She seems to have a hard time not drawing out the word "rupee".