Characters / Revenge of the Nerds
Characters from the classic 80's comedy Revenge of the Nerds
with some backround information on the characters and some tropes they provide examples of.
The main nerd in the film. He starts out at Adams College with an optimistic attitude. He later learns to stand up for himself and "the rights of other nerds", as he puts it.
- Aesop Amnesia: In third film, Lewis has to learn the exact same lesson as the first.
- Motive Decay: So in the first movie he learns to be proud of being a nerd, and then in the second one he doesn't like being called a nerd?
- Nerds Are Sexy: "All jocks ever think about is sports, but all nerds ever think about is sex" gets him the girl in the end.
- Nerds Are Virgins: He actually loses his virginity in the movie though, to an Omega Mu.
Lewis's best friend, who starts at Adams at the exact same time. He has a habit of seeing the negative.
Dudley "Booger" Dawson
Booger, who's real name is Dudley Dawson, may not be a "traditional nerd" like the rest of them, but he's still an outcast. Also he's around as smart as the rest of the nerds.
- Badbutt: Easily the toughest of the Lambdas.
- The Casanova: In the third and fourth movie it is implied that he's humped and dumped most of the Omega-Mu's. This becomes a bit of a plot-point in the latter movie when he's accused of having fathered a child and can't be sure he didn't.
- Super Gullible: Believes anything people tell him, and thanks them for it.
- Dirty Kid: At the party with the Omega Mus, its shown that because of his height he's about eye-level with the girls' chests. He's quite pleased. He also gleefully partakes in the voyeuristic observation of the Pi's after the Nerds install secret cameras in their dorms.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: Revealing he's a Closet Geek is deliberately played as like someone revealing being gay, including the phrase "coming out of the closet".
- Easily Forgiven: Played with in the third movie. Lewis is perfectly willing to put past bullying behind him, but Betty is apprehensive and Booger is outright antagonistic. After exonerating Lewis at the trial and revealing he's a Closet Geek, though, everyone embraces him as a friend.
- Friendless Background: Implied during the third movie. Stan tells Betty that no one has any real friends, just people who use each other before moving on.
Frederick Aloysius "Ogre" Palowakski
Edgar Po Wong/Master Snotty
Played by James Hong