Characters: Pretty Cure Perfume Preppy
This is the character sheet for Pretty Cure Perfume Preppy
. Please help with the blurbs!
Chloe Auriville (Cure Rosa) | Voice Actor: Asumi Nakata (Japanese); Sherry Lynn (English)
"In the Name of the Pink Rose, I am Cure Rosa!"
"I never meant to hurt you. We were starting to become closer... Even closer than I would imagine. But then... this happens.
Chiara Auriville (Cure Vanilla) | Voice Actor: Asami Shimoda (Japanese); Luci Christian (English)
"In the Name of the Yellow Vanilla Flower, I am Cure Vanilla!"
"YouÖ You just canít understand how much fairytales mean! Nobody wants despair and darkness taking over the world! Thatís why most, if not every fairytale has a happy ending! AND I WONíT LET YOU RUIN THIS ONE!!"
Mayonaka Ayameko (Cure Jasmine) | Voice Actor: Satsuki Yukino (Japanese); Sandy Fox (English)
"In the Name of the Purple Jasmine Flower, I am Cure Jasmine!"
"They're making our heroines and the mascots look like fools! Where's your pride?! I will... not... sit here and let them get away with this!"
- BST (With Pittan)
- Crossdresser (during a temporary all-girl troupe's performance of a Futari wa Hearty Pure scenario, she was Pisshurd)
- Ayameko tends to get this a lot in Pretty Cure Anime Theatre whenever the Perfume Preppy team performs in a play featured in the anthology series; the most notable example (simply because said character actually had a role in the plot) was when she was cast as Fakir in Princess Tutu. The only time she was cast as a girl was when she portrayed Sweet/Neesha in Pokemon The First Movie.
- Five Temperament Ensemble (Choleric)
- Hotblooded Sideburns
- The Lancer
- Meaningful Name ("Mayonaka" / "midnight")
- And "Ayameko" / "iris child", because her mother Risako turns out to be a past Pretty Cure, Cure Iris.
- Opera Gloves (as Cure Jasmine)
- The Power of Rock (uses it to destroy Frencheese in episode 45, followed by a Bond One-Liner: "We're having roasted cheese for dinner tonight!")
- Precision F-Strike (She swears a few times throughout, including when Frencheese crashes the Oriyama Junior High talent show, but her strongest word was "bastard", as seen in episode 39.)
- Purple Eyes (as Cure Jasmine)
- Real Women Never Wear Dresses (Subverted in a few later episodes, where at one point it's even stated she isn't afraid to wear a dress, as well as with her school uniform and Cure outfit, and then double subverted during her only ballet scenes, in episode 28, where she wears a purple biketard—though it's never stated in the scene itself—and a black, blue, and silver full-body spandex costume that's obvious crossdressing on her part, respectively)
- She Cleans Up Nicely (in episode 47)
- Shock and Awe
- Shorttank (to the point where, though the girls' costumes during that scene are not explicitly stated, she's the only one among the four to wear a biketard during the dance lessons scene in episode 28)
- Tomboy To Chiara's Girly Girl
- A Wild Rapper Appears (If anyone's going to rap on Vanilla Stardust's songs, it's most likely going to be her, as seen in at least one concert film featuring the group.)
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
- Zettai Ryouiki (Grade B as Cure Jasmine)
Mitsukawa Hanae (Cure Tangerine) | Voice Actor: Natsuko Kuwatani (Japanese); Bridget Hoffman (English)
"In the Name of the Orange Tangerine Flower, I am Cure Tangerine!"
"If we arenít together, then we will become weaker. That will be an easier way for Karlix to defeat us and take over both worlds."
- Blow You Away / Make Me Wanna Shout
- Five Temperament Ensemble (Supine)
- Girly Girl To Ikuko's Tomboy (however, during their pas de deux at the end of episode 36, Ikuko's the one wearing a leotard, and if the circumstances—i.e. Hanae about to go to bed but practicing ballet again before turning in for the night—are any indicator, it's not a far stretch to believe that Hanae is wearing two-piece pajamas, colored orange with ballet shoes print on them, during this scene)
- The Glasses Come Off (Whenever she becomes Cure Tangerine.)
- Orange Eyes (as Cure Tangerine)
- Making a Spectacle of Yourself (On a lesser extent, as her glasses aren't that extravagant. They do have oddly-colored lenses, though.)
- Our Mermaids Are Different (in episode 20)
- Schoolgirl Lesbians (with Ikuko)
- Shrinking Violet
- The Smart Guy
- Smart People Wear Glasses
- Uke (to Ikuko's seme)
- Verbal Tic (In episode 20, as a mermaid, she ended her sentences with "pichi"; this suffix comes from "pichi pichi", the onomatopoeia of a fish blowing bubbles.)
- Who Wears Short Shorts? (Surprisingly, she manages to pull this off during one scene in the Pretty Cure Anime Theatre episode where the Cures perform in Kšmpfer.)
Torino Ikuko (Cure Cardamomo) | Voice Actor: Rio Natsuki (Japanese); Philece Sampler (English)
"In the Name of the Green Cardamom, I am Cure Cardamomo!"
"Huh? What? No, no, my chest hasnít grown any centimeter. But, mom... I think Iím starting to get closer to these underclassmen... I donít know..."
Lavvie | Voice Actor: Tomoko Kaneda (Japanese); Tony Oliver (English)
"It's like he's the new toy in the shelf, with all these amazing gadgets and stuff, and I'm the teddy bear who is left behind for being 'useless'."
Lotus | Voice Actor: Rie Iwatsubo (Japanese); Rebecca Forstadt (English)
"Will you keep it down, desu? I'm trying to count what we got during the week, desu!"
Pittan (Daidai Pitari) | Voice Actor: Yusuke Tezuka (Japanese); Steve Blum (English)
"Man, this is getting boring. Can we have some good violence now?"
Ashley McFly (Leather Ashes) | Voice Actor: Yuriko Yamaguchi (Japanese); Jamie Marchi (English)
"I Am the Loyal Servant of the Dark Blazes, Leather... Ashes"
"It doesn't matter to you, Cure Rosa. Nothing about me matters to you or your other Pretty Cure friends."
Stankou | Voice Actor: Akio Ohtsuka (Japanese); Lex Lang (English)
Shashincame | Voice Actor: Bin Shimada (Japanese); Mark Hamill (English)
Komorah | Voice Actor: Miyoko Aso (Japanese); Catherine Battistone (English)
Nekoshippo Lori (Lapinyuu) | Voice Actor: Chiemi Chiba (Japanese); Tress MacNeille (English)
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny! (In episode 12 she clearly becomes distracted by the shiny glass containing Frencheese's perfume, the Cheese of Despair.)
- Casual Danger Dialogue (In episode 4: "Now that's what I call Teddygodzilla!")
- Fiery Redhead
- Genki Girl (Moreso than Chiara even.)
- Genre Savvy
- Heel-Face Turn (In episode 13, she is fired from Karlix for sporting Pretty Cure paraphernalia in Raflesina's presence and desires to join the Cures but is rejected, though by chance she winds up in her first acting job immediately afterward—as Third Ranger to Hearty Pure, Glowy Radiant.)
- Hey, It's That Voice! (Fittingly enough: in Japanese, Doremi Harukaze, and in English, Babs Bunny.)
- Lady Mondegreen (Invoked; her villain name came from a Gratuitous Japanese mishearing of "loving you".)
- Laughably Evil
- Magical Girl (She is an obvious parody of this type of character.)
- Perky Female Minion
- Petting Zoo People (Technically, the animal parts are from her costume, but it still counts.)
- Poke the Poodle (During her stint with Karlix, this was the only thing she was capable of doing; however, pretty quickly things blow out of proportion, way beyond how she intended to cause mischief—for example, she runs out of glitter and uses a substitute to wreak havoc in a museum, forgetting to pay for the substitute.)
Ramona McFly (Raflesina) | Voice Actor: Toshiko Fujita (Japanese); Mary Elizabeth McGlynn (English)
"It's time for me to take matters into my OWN HANDS!"