open/close all folders
Chloe Auriville (Cure Rosa)
"In the Name of the Pink Rose, I am Cure Rosa!"
"I never meant to hurt you. We were starting to become closer... Even closer than I would imagine. But then... this happens."
- Catch Phrase: "Catch you on the rebound!", which doubles as "On the Next Episode of..." Catch Phrase.
- Hair Decorations: In some original sketches she had a pink-red-ish butterfly hairpin.
- Hypothetical Casting: Asumi Nakata (Japanese) and Sherry Lynn (English).
- Pink Heroine: Her outfit is white with pink lining, her boots are pink, her hair is pink, her theme is the pink rose, her Cure name is Spanish for "pink" and she's the main heroine.
Chiara Auriville (Cure Vanilla)
"In the Name of the Yellow Vanilla Flower, I am Cure Vanilla!"
"You… You just can’t understand how much fairytales mean! Nobody wants despair and darkness taking over the world! That’s why most, if not every fairytale has a happy ending! AND I WON’T LET YOU RUIN THIS ONE!!"
- Dumb Blonde: She is blond and described as being "just clueless" by her sister Chloe. However, she matures a little through the course of the fanfic, becoming less ditzy but still retaining her genki girl status.
- Hair Decorations: Her daisy hairclip.
- Hypothetical Casting: Asami Shimoda (Japanese) and Luci Christian (English).
- Insistent Terminology: She insists that she is "just in development" every time someone calls her "flat".
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Her first attack, "Pretty Cure Vanilla Echo", had her scream into a giant yellow megaphone made of light, producing soundwaves that went straight to the enemy, killing it as of episode 5.
- Verbal Tic: In episode 18, when she was fused with Sophie the puppy, she ended her phrases with "-da wan".
Mayonaka Ayameko (Cure Jasmine)
"In the Name of the Purple Jasmine Flower, I am Cure Jasmine!"
"They're making our heroines and the mascots look like fools! Where's your pride?! I will... not... sit here and let them get away with this!"
- Hypothetical Casting: Satsuki Yukino (Japanese) and Sandy Fox (English).
- Meaningful Name:
- "Ayameko" / "iris child", because her mother Risako turns out to be a past Pretty Cure, Cure Iris.
- Trademark Favorite Food: She has such an obsession with pudding.
Mitsukawa Hanae (Cure Tangerine)
"In the Name of the Orange Tangerine Flower, I am Cure Tangerine!"
"If we aren’t together, then we will become weaker. That will be an easier way for Karlix to defeat us and take over both worlds."
- Disappeared Dad: Her dad died in a forest fire.
- The Glasses Come Off: She loses her glasses every time she transforms into Cure Tangerine.
- Hypothetical Casting: Natsuko Kuwatani (Japanese) and Bridget Hoffman (English).
- Make Me Wanna Shout: Word of God says that her upcoming power-up attack, "Pretty Cure Tangerine Silver Wail", has her scream out orange soundwaves which do the same thing.
- Verbal Tic: In episode 20, as a mermaid, she ended her sentences with "pichi"; this suffix comes from "pichi pichi", the onomatopoeia of a fish blowing bubbles.
Torino Ikuko (Cure Cardamomo)
"In the Name of the Green Cardamom, I am Cure Cardamomo!"
"Huh? What? No, no, my chest hasn’t grown any centimeter. But, mom... I think I’m starting to get closer to these underclassmen... I don’t know..."
"It's like he's the new toy in the shelf, with all these amazing gadgets and stuff, and I'm the teddy bear who is left behind for being 'useless'."
- Hypothetical Casting: Tomoko Kaneda (Japanese) and Tony Oliver (English).
- Mr. Exposition: In episode 40, he tells Chiara and Ayameko about the way Scentillians get married, with tons of description.
"Will you keep it down, desu? I'm trying to count what we got during the week, desu!"
- Hypothetical Casting: Rie Iwatsubo (Japanese) and Rebecca Forstadt (English).
- Verbal Tic: She tends to finish her sentences in "desu".
Pittan (Daidai Pitari)
"Man, this is getting boring. Can we have some good violence now?"
- Embarrassing Nickname: He hates to be called "Pit".
- Naked People Are Funny: Much like the cursed Sohma family and Ahiru, Pittan is always in the buff when he transforms into a human, leading to much awkwardness in episode 44.
Ashley McFly (Leather Ashes)
"I Am the Loyal Servant of the Dark Blazes, Leather... Ashes"
"It doesn't matter to you, Cure Rosa. Nothing about me matters to you or your other Pretty Cure friends."
- Artificial Human: She was presumably created from biological materials and rapidly grown in a tank. She even has the atypical eye color and coldness to go with it.
- Heel–Face Turn: With some encouragement by Pittan, Ashley became ready to abandon Karlix in episode 49.
- Hypothetical Casting: Yuriko Yamaguchi (Japanese) and Jamie Marchi (English).
- I'm a Humanitarian: Appears at the end of episode 48, chowing down on a bit on one of her victims' corpses.
- It's Pronounced "Tro-PAY": The "Leather" in "Leather Ashes" was originally pronounced with "lee-ther" instead of the usual "leh-ther".
- Knight of Cerebus: Her appearance definitely marks a shift towards a slightly darker tone for the series' latter half. Being a rather violent young woman adds to this — most infamously, she stabs a would-be rapist to death; later on, she evidently decapitates a guy off-screen.
- Spikes of Villainy: Her Leather Ashes costume features clearly spikier frills than the Cures' costumes.
- Stereotype Flip: She pretends to be from the USA, and is a flat-chested brunette, a 360 flip on the common image Japanese have of all American women being blonde buxom beauties.
- Supernatural Gold Eyes: She has slightly grayish-yellow eyes, which turn bright yellow with slitted cat-ish pupils when she becomes Leather Ashes.
- Hypothetical Casting: Miyoko Aso (Japanese) and Catherine Battistone (English).
Nekoshippo Lori (Lapinyuu)
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: In episode 12 she clearly becomes distracted by the shiny glass containing Frencheese's perfume, the Cheese of Despair.
- Heel–Face Turn: In episode 13, she is fired from Karlix for sporting Pretty Cure paraphernalia in Raflesina's presence and desires to join the Cures but is rejected, though by chance she winds up in her first acting job immediately afterward—as Third Ranger to Hearty Pure, Glowy Radiant.
- Hypothetical Casting: Chiemi Chiba (Japanese) and Tress MacNeille (English).
- Lady Mondegreen: Invoked. The author of canonically named the character after an intentional Gratuitous Japanese mishearing of "loving you".
- Poke the Poodle: During her stint with Karlix, this was the only thing she was capable of doing; however, pretty quickly things blow out of proportion, way beyond how she intended to cause mischief—for example, she runs out of glitter and uses a substitute to wreak havoc in a museum, forgetting to pay for the substitute.
Ramona McFly (Raflesina)
"It's time for me to take matters into my OWN HANDS!"