Characters: My Candy Love
All the characters in the Visual Novel
, My Candy Love
open/close all folders
The player character. A girl who moves from an unnamed school to Sweet Amoris High at the beginning of the game. She is an Ordinary High-School Student
who gets caught up in the lives of her classmates—especially the cute ones. Basically you
in that you can choose how she looks and what her name is and of course how she answers to other people. However the game itself does give her a little character beyond your control.
Tropes associated with your Candy
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Though it really depends on the choices you make and what boys you like, once you get your candy going she can really get this way. One promenint example is in episode 14 if you choose to stay and help Nathaniel and Melody set up the stage. Just look at her thoughts towards Melody (though to be fair, Melody isn't quite that nice to you either).
- Deadpan Snarker: Grew into this role in later episodes. To be fair, seeing the characters and situations she has to deal with daily it was only natural she'd develop a sense of snark.
- Girl Next Door
- Idiot Ball: Occasionally has this in her hands.
- Invisible Parents: They've been mentioned but to date the only adult relative we see of hers is her aunt.
- As of episode 20 this is subverted as they finally show up.
- No Respect Girl: She is often treated unfairly by almost everyone:
- Amber blames her for standing up to herself after tons of bullying.
- Castiel makes her jump through hoops for answering even her simplest questions.
- Nathaniel does nothing to stop Amber, but wants to forbid her to defend herself.
- Castiel tore his paper apart? It's her fault, of course.
- She does Nathaniel a favor by trying to deliver Castiel's paper. So far, it's fair enough. But Nathaniel thinks she is obliged to spend all day harassing Castiel to accept it, and take his rudeness in return. Even if she tries to give the paper back to Nathaniel to do his own work himself, he doesn't let her.
- Who is nice to her (Iris, Kentin) is considered an idiot.
- For the tone of rebuking her for not having found his notepad yet, this troper would slap him with his school paper envelope and refuse to help him until he comprehends she isn't his servant but is doing him a favor.
- Bullying aimed at her is somehow none of her business, and her rightful self-defense is considered intrusive.
- Nosy Classmate: A staple of her character is that she is incredibly curious about the other students' lives. Several objectives are just to find out about some secret some character has. She's almost as bad as Peggy in this regard.
- Oblivious to Love: Oddly enough for a dating sim. She stresses to Lucy that boys don't really like her (except Kentin and Dake) but Lucy points out that plenty of guys have liked her, she just never noticed. Also of note, when guys with high LO'Ms give off hints that they like her, she makes one little inward comment noting their hint before brushing it off entirely (which frustrates the players who want to start dating already).
- The Everygirl: Our protagonist most certainly represents the kind of girl that is behind the other side of the screen. At the start of the game she is just another high school student trying to get her paperwork ready. She gets to meet really obnoxious girls, as well as good friends, and most importantly, has a crush on a certain someone (or someones).
- Tsundere: Very mild type B version. Like Deadpan Snarker above she appears to be pushed into this mindset thanks to her every day life (meaning constant teasing by the guys especially Castiel and Kentin).
The almost all dateable boys of the game. Each boy has a love o'meter (LO'M) that tells you how much they like you. The higher it is the more they like you. This has an affect on things such as who you can date at the end of an episode, how they react to certain things (such as actions that would warrant jealousy), and even the things they say to you. At the end of almost every episode you can get a date with the boy with the highest LO'M. But be careful! You have to say the right thing AND choose the right outfit or else you'll miss your date!
The Student Body President and one of the first boys you can meet. Nathaniel is nice, respectable guy who can be studious to a fault. He can get a bit too serious at times but your candy can always get him to lighten up. He has a rocky relationship with his little twin sister Amber and it's heavily implied that he does not get along well with his parents. He also hates Castiel with a passion and is now good at drums.
The bad boy of the game, Castiel is also one of the first boys you meet. He is rebellious, snarky teenager who skips class and smokes occasionally but deep down, he is a good guy. He meets his match if your candy has a bit of an edge to her, but that doesn't mean he'll be nice to you right off the bat. He owns a large Belgian Shepherd dog named Demon and plays electric guitar. His best friend is Lysander and he can't stand Nathaniel.
- All Girls want Bad Boys
- The Atoner: Pretty unique example of this. Castiel screams at your candy because he thought she was messing with Debrah, but right after he did it was clear he regretted doing so. So he spends most of episode 17 trying to apologize to your candy but she ain't having it. In a surprising twist though, he tries to apologize before he knew the truth about Debrah.
- Berserk Button: Nathaniel. Just...anything Nathaniel.
- Betty and Veronica: He is the male Veronica to Nathaniel's Betty.
- Crazy Jealous Guy: The CLASSIC example in this game. Complete with threats of bodily harm.
- Dye Hard: Players are so used to seeing him with his red hair that they forget it's not his real hair color.
- Gray Eyes: The strong-willed, unapproachable type.
- Heroes Want Redheads: Well, your Candy does.
- Starving Student: According to the game's Art Book, his meals are basically microwave dishes and junk food. He even takes care of his dog Demon's feeding necessities more than his own.
- Fiery Redhead / Tall, Dark and Handsome: His hair is naturally black but he dyed it red. His personality definitely fits the fiery redhead and being one of the tallest guys he certainly fits the second.
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- Handsome Lech: He will insult your bust size often by calling you flat chested. Doesn't stop him from oogling you in a bathing suit.
- Heartbroken Badass: Before you show up his girlfriend had just left him to pursue a career. Set up to happen again once she comes back and is proven to be as mean as ever...
- Horrible Judge of Character: Your candy could tell from the get go what took Castiel two episodes (and in game months if not a year) to understand about Debrah. This also applies to his opinion of Nathaniel as he vehemently and sometimes aggressively believed that Nathaniel was a bad person when he's really not.
- It's Personal: His main reason for hating Nathaniel. He believed Nathaniel flirted with his ex-girlfriend Debrah while they were still dating. Of course, he really should've listened to Nathaniel's side of things.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Mood-Swinger: He can go from easy-going to angry and back in a flash. Lysander and your candy also comment from time to time about his bad moods. Demon is also this way.
- Parental Abandonment: His mom works as a hostess and his father is pilot which means they aren't around a lot. He is legally independent because of this.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The Manly Man to both Nathaniel and Lysander's sensitive guys.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Nathaniel.
- Tranquil Fury: You know you've pissed Castiel off when he resorts to this. Spending the $100 he gave you on an outfit (instead of the guitar amp it was intended for) and calling him an idiot over a loudspeaker are two great ways to push him too far.
- Troubled, but Cute
- The Snark Knight: If you're going for him, chances are that he helps you out with a vengeance, defends you from Amber, gives you good advice for catching a lost dog, protects you from a meddling stalker, and the like. All while telling you how much of an idiot you are for letting these kind of situations to happen.
- When He Smiles
- Would Not Hit a Girl
to see the old Ken
The third boy you meet...Well technically you already knew him since he went to the same school as you before. But he is the one that changes the most. He starts off as a clingy boy madly in love with your candy. You could say the meanest things to him and he'd still pop up randomly offering you cookies. But then word of Amber bullying him reaches his father and he gets sent to boot camp to toughen up. He comes back 10 episodes later a changed boy. If you were mean to him, he doesn't like you. If you were nice to you he still likes you but is not nearly as obsessive as he was before. Kentin now seems preoccupied with looking tough, but a few nice words from your candy can have him forget that and be sweet again. He still loves cookies.
- Adorkable: Even as Kentin. When he makes his crush obvious it's hard not to see him this way. Case in point watch episode 17 where, if his LO'M is high enough, he accidentally asks your candy to marry him (and then quickly tries to back track with a blush and a stutter).
- Abhorrent Admirer: Ken fits this trope to a tee. He moved schools just to be near you, offers you cookies out of nowhere and he certainly isn't an adonis. When he comes back from military school, though..
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Hinted to be the reason behind his feelings for your candy.
- Berserk Button: Hurting your candy. He was ready to go kill Castiel and Debrah after episode 16. The only thing that stopped him was your candy pointing out the very true fact that he and anyone else who participated would go to jail.
- Beware the Nice Ones
- Butt Monkey: Even Nathaniel makes fun of his military fashion sense.
- Ditzy Genius
- Dogged Nice Guy: Ken would do annnnnnything for you even if you didn't return his feelings. Kentin however...
- He Is All Grown Up: Puberty did him justice.
- He Cleans Up Nicely: The reaction a good chunk of the fanbase had to him wearing a suit in episode 17. Though he has been looking good ever since his comeback, the fact that he was standing next to Nathaniel and still managed to stand out cements this trope.
- Hot-Blooded: Since coming back.
- I Hate Past Me: Sees how he was before military school as 'pitiful'.
- Laser-Guided Karma: To the players. Safe to say his reintroduction inspired a LOT of talk about who regrets being mean to him when he looked like a geek. Averted however with your candy in the game. Other than yelling at her a little he doesn't really do anything to your candy if she was mean to him.
- Meaningful Rename: He is intoduced as Ken but when he leaves and comes back he prefers to go by his full name Kentin. This is because he sees Ken as a silly, childish nickname.
- Miles Gloriosus: Talks a big game but he is clearly still afraid of Castiel. Although things changed briefly in episode 16/17 when his Berserk Button was pressed, things went back to normal full force afterwards.
- Military Brat
- Not So Different: He is quick to insult Castiel not really realizing that his tough attitude and quick temper are things Castiel is also known for.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Manly man to Alexy.
- Stalker with a Crush: At first but then he mellows out.
- Sweet Tooth
- Took a Level in Badass
- Tsundere: When he comes back he's a type A to everyone. But if he likes you he is more type B to you.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Alexy and Armin. They tease, he retaliates.
- When He Smiles: One of the things your candy notices when Kentin comes back is "he has a nice smile." She keeps this in her thoughts though.
- Why Couldn't You Be Different?: His father's reaction to the bullying problem is to say he is ashamed and immediately ship Kentin off to boot camp to man up.
- Would Hit a Girl: He wanted to show Debrah what he learned from military school but your candy wouldn't let him. Mainly because Rosalya already had a better and more legal plan.
One of the two boys you can meet in episode 3. He is a basketball player from another school that visits your school as part of a traveling program. A nice guy he's good at what he can do and if you're a nice girl (and you prove you know your basketball) maybe he'll play you in a game. However he doesn't like to be in debt and doesn't react kindly to freebies. He is only dateable in episode 3 as he goes back to his old school at the end. He makes a reappearance in episode 11 as one of the helpers of the race. You can only meet him if you chose to join the basketball club.
The other boy you can meet in episode 3. He is garderner from another school who shows up at Sweet Amoris to help with the gardening club. Although he isn't impressed by what he sees, if you are a good helper (and prove that you know your plants) then maybe he'll garden with you a little. He is only dateable in episode 3 as he goes back to his old school at the end. He makes a reappearance in episode 11 as one of the helpers of the race. You can only meet him if you choose to join the gardening club.
Officially the fifth boy you meet. Lysander is a mysterious boy who doesn't like talking about himself. But don't worry; if you can respect his privacy and not jump to conclusions about others, he'll open up to you eventually. He is an eloquent singer and songwriter and is quite the gentleman, however he is very forgetful at times. He also very much enjoys fashion, especially Victorian era and Lolita fashion. His best friend is Castiel and he is close to his older brother Leigh and Leigh's girlfriend Rosalya.
- Awesome Anachronistic Apparel
- Crazy Jealous Guy: More clingy than crazy though.
- Did Not Get the Girl: A relationship chart shows that Lysander USED to have a crush on Rosalya.
- Did you think I can't feel?: Has a moment of these when you're teaming up with Castiel in episode 11, and he ends up teaming up with Nathaniel. You will be given out an opportunity to mock his ability to get lost.
Lysander:I heard that...
- Genius Ditz: Very well spoken and good at music but incredibly forgetful.
- Hates Small Talk: Not so much hates it, but tends to not follow a conversation if he is not interested in it or considers it has no point.
- Like Brother and Sister: Despite your candy's suspicions, ultimately this is his relationship with Rosalya.
- Multicolored Hair
- No Sense of Direction: Let's just say that if you want Lysander to go somewhere, you will physically have to lead him there yourself. Not even a paper with the address on it will help him (in fact he'll lose that too).
- Out-of-Character Moment: Whenever the candy manages to make him blush or feel flustered. Also, he can get really clingy if your lov'o'meter is high enough with him, wich is rather odd for his usual disperse mind.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Forms a platonic duo of this with Rosalya.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: Sensitive to Castiel.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: He's really distant when talking to someone. Still he can be a real gentleman from time to time, complimenting and defending you when the situation arises.
- The Quiet One
- Third-Option Love Interest: While players were deciding whether to go out with Castiel or Nathaniel early in the game, the time Lysander appeared had many switching over to him instead.
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Rare male version. He rarely if ever loses his cool, has the patience of a saint to be putting up with Castiel at his worst and Rosalya, and finally he is ALWAYS polite even if he does get a bit distant (see episode 9 and his interaction with Dakota).
The fifth boy you meet. Thus far he has only appeared in episode 9 and 11 but both times you can win a date with him. Dakota "Dake" is different from the other boys in that he is openly flirtatious with your candy. He thinks you are cute and is eager to let you know it. It doesn't take much to get him to like your candy. Just accept his flirting and show a little interest in return and he'll be happy to keep it up. But he should be wary as his outgoing nature does usually rub the guy you are with at the time very much the wrong way.
The sixth guy you meet. Alexy is unique in that he's a cute boy, he gets along well with your candy, and he has a profile. But he's...well not dateable. That's right Alexy is gay and thus it's impossible to date him. He can still be your best friend though. Alexy is incredibly nice and he loves shopping and fashion. He also has a fondness for music and is never seen without his headphones. His twin brother is Armin and although they get along very well, Alexy does not like how obsessed Armin is with video games.
- Clothing Reflects Personality: He has a very colorful wardrobe (the most colorful actually) that reflects his energetic, outgoing, and fashionable personality.
- Et Tu, Brute?: He sides with Debrah. Meta example as well. People have been taking his betrayal the hardest because unlike the others who at least knew Debrah before and thus find it hard to believe what she is capable of, Alexy met her the same time your candy did and so it's a little hard to understand why he took her side so easily. Then again, your candy does confide in him that she thinks something's wrong with Debrah without any proof.
- Episode 17 finally has him explain himself. Turns out this entire time he was a...
- Fake Defector: He was suspicious the moment Debrah tried to pull a Wounded Gazelle Gambit as he thought she was being a bit over dramatic. He only pretended to believe her just in case he needed her trust and that was shown to be a good idea.
- Genre Savvy: Knew right away that Debrah was lying because she was "crying too hard". Not only that, but he still earned her trust (scaring the players and their candies silly in process. See above) just in case he is needed in a revenge plot. And it turned out he was needed.
- Incompatible Orientation: Much to Violette's (and a few players') despair. Also suffers from this himself. In the game it's only 'slightly' implied that he has a crush on Kentin. But recently a relationship chart came out all but confirming that Alexy actually really does like Kentin. Until further notice however, Kentin is straight and vying for your candy.
- Schmuck Bait: After first seeing his upbeat and cheery personality as well as his peculiar but fashionable style, many players will feel taunted to go ahead and start winning the guy's attention to get dates with him. It does not end well.
- Straight Gay: He may like fashion and shopping but so do a lot of RL straight boys (and Leigh and Lysander). Thus the reveal of his true sexual orientation came as a shock to everyone.
- Purple Eyes: Matches his bright wardrobe.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
The other twin and the latest guy to appear so far (although you meet him shortly after you meet Alexy). Armin is much more subdued than his louder twin but he still has a lot of spunk in him. He is a HUGE videogame fan and enjoys it when your candy can understand all of his references (even make a few of her own). He's not an outdoorsy person, preferring to be inside at all times. He focuses a lot on his videogames but he's willing to lend a helping hand if needed. He is gets along with Alexy but doesn't share his passion for clothes and shopping.
A special guy from the special 2011 Halloween episode. Dimitri is an old
guy but he looks quite young. This is because he is all but stated to be a vampire. He haunts the grave of his long dead love and has a pretty impressive castle close to it. Your candy reminds him a lot of her and so eventually you can pull him away for a minute and get him to talk to you. He is only available in this special episode, not the main story.
- Ascended Extra: Kinda. He used to be the star of the (optional) 2011 Halloween episode with no impact or even mention in the main story. But now he's made a (sort of) reappearance in episode 19 and currently the one to help introduce you to the game instead of Boris.
- Friendly Neighborhood Vampire: Although creepy, he doesn't drink human blood and he isn't mean.
- Our Monsters Are Different: In a game about dating boys, this kind of things were bound to happen... He's certainly different from the usual conception of a vampire.
- The Lost Lenore: His dead love. The entire episode sort of revolves around her.
- Not Using the V-Word: He doesn't ever refer to himself as a vampire.
The girls of Sweet Amoris High. Like the guys they have a meter that tells you how much they like you (even Amber). But none of them are dateable
so they are called friendship o'meters instead.
The mean girl of the school. From the very first meeting she makes it clear she does not like your candy and there is little you can do to get her to change her mind. She is who she is and she isn't afraid to show it, unless acting innocent will give her the advantage. Still despite her underhanded, cheating, and just plain mean tendencies, there are hints that she's not totally
a bad person. Her two best friends are Charlottes and Li and Capucine desperately wants to be on her good side. She is the younger twin sister of Nathaniel and they have a pretty up and down relationship. She cannot stand your Candy and Kentin and she has a crush on Castiel (and Dajan. And briefly Kentin).
- Alpha Bitch
- Attention Whore
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Her and Nathaniel. Though she is willing to throw him under a bus when he crosses her there are moments where it is clear she does care and worry about him.
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Averted in episode 9 where you can see the results of her allergy to nuts.
- Berserk Button: Talking to Nathaniel, bothering Nathaniel, showing interest in Nathaniel. In fact, it upsets her MORE if you are close to Nathaniel than if you are close to Castiel.
- Blondes Are Evil
- Clingy Jealous Girl: Obviously she doesn't like you getting close to Castiel. However she never talks to him about it, just takes it out on you. Also see Berserk Button for a platonic version.
- Dumb Blonde: Not necessarily an idiot but she cheats in school and your candy certainly has a few insults to her intelligence handy.
- Even Evil Has Standards: The introduction of Debrah. For once, Amber's hate is warranted.
- Hidden Depths: There are small but noticeable hints that there are more facets to her personality than the default Alpha Bitch.
- It's All About Me: she is convinced Nathaniel's duty as the student body president is to let her get away with everything, calling her out makes him unworthy of the position. If you dare to defend yourself, you are the bad guy, obviously.
- My Brother Is Off Limits!
- Parental Favoritism: Nathaniel says she's a daddy's girl but it appears their mom also prefers her.
- Secret Keeper: Subverted. She PRETENDED to know what was going on at her house to get a new cellphone from you. In truth she had NO idea what was going on.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Your candy. Also Debrah, the one person she hates more than you.
- Sticky Fingers: Steals your money, steals Kentin's money, steals Dajan's necklace, steals Melody's snacks, steals your snacks, steals a stamp...
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: She fell for Castiel when he fixed her doll when they were children. They aren't even friends now if they ever were before.
- Villainous Breakdown: She does NOT take learning that Nathaniel is being abused well. Once she finds out she's in her 'sad animation' for the rest of the episode.
Li and Charlotte
Amber's two best friends they are almost always right behind her in anything (literally). Neither of them are very nice to you the rare times you come across them by themselves either. Li is the Asian and Charlotte is the brunette.
The first friendly girl you meet and your first friend. Iris is a ditzy but kind girl who always manages to cheer you up whenever Amber's words get you down. She has an older brother who plays guitar and she has quite a few guitar skills herself.
The second friendly girl you meet. This white-haired beauty is a fellow classmate and the loving girlfriend of the clothes shop owner Leigh. She is an energetic girl with a mischievous side to her. But she can't stand injustice and will never choose a side without finding out all the facts (something she is really good at doing). She is close to Lysander in a sisterly way and even if your candy steals Leigh from her, she does have her back.
- The Ace: Beautiful, talented, and the go-to-girl when you need help whether that help be getting a picture of a guy you like or revenge schemes.
- Berserk Button: Well she really, really likes her boyfriend Leigh you know? So flirting with him? Not a good idea...
- Chekhov's Skill: Episode 16 her sneaky skills really come in handy for you. She actually proves she's better than Peggy at getting information.
- Crash-Into Hello: How you meet her.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Notably averted. Rosalya is the only girl on your side after what Debrah did (Amber is on her own side). And not only that, she comes up with your revenge plan.
- Hypocritical Humor: Calls out Castiel for not knowing what Lysander's parents look like despite being Lysander's best friend only for Castiel to call her out for dating Leigh and still not knowing what their parents look like.
- Informed Attractiveness: Judging by your candy's thoughts, Rosalya is the most beautiful girl in school.
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: Is the energetic girl to both Lysander AND Leigh. Moreso Lysander though because he appears more.
- Stalker with a Crush: Not her, but she appeals to these types of girls. She used to take pictures of guys while they were unaware and sell them to girls who liked them.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Stealing Leigh away in episode 6 gets you a stern talking to in episode 7.
The next girl you meet. Peggy is a reporter for the school newspaper and it's easy to see why she got the job. She'll do anything to get the next greatest story and will constantly bother you (and everyone else) for the juicy details. Though not a bad person, Peggy does have a tendency to let her job blind her from doing what's right. Ultimately though, she's pretty harmless.
- Aesop Amnesia: In the same episode no less! So much for learning to get ALL the facts before jumping to conclusions and not just relying on what she's overheard.
- Heroic BSOD: Briefly goes through one in the beginning of episode 18. The heroic part may be argued for she claims her problem was the fact that her journalistic integrity was put into doubt and not the fact that she wrote a mean article about your candy.
- Hair Color Dissonance: Her black hair looks more purple.
- Kick the Dog: Even if she doesn't actually cause any trouble, she WILL step on some toes if it means getting a great headliner. Notably shows some glee at the thought of Nathaniel getting in trouble in episode 5 which cost her an invite to Melody's slumber party in episode 7.
- Happens once again in episode 16. After overhearing and misinterpreting an interaction between Debrah and candy, she writes a mean article about your candy and publishes it without even trying to get all of the facts first. To make things worse, she is also eager to get your candy to read said article (and your candy does point out how rude she's being). When the truth comes out, this particular action causes said Heroic BSOD above.
- It's All About Me: Even when she does do nice things there is a pretty selfish motivation behind it.
- Never My Fault: Initially she blamed all of her Kick the Dog moments on her victims; typically by saying they shouldn't have done 'so-and-so' in the first place if they didn't want her to write about it. But after the Debrah debacle, it appears she has finally learned to take responsibility...For writing false articles at least.
- Not So Different: With your candy. According to her your candy is actually worse. Both like to snoop around.
- The Scrappy: In-universe she's this. Most people you come across show, at best, a distaste for her because of her annoying reporter tendencies. her reputation appears to take a nosedive in episode 23 when she again proves that she cares more about having a story rather than what the story is.
- Secret Keeper: The only one who knows what the 'big thing' the staff has planned for the school...or so she claims. Subverted when it turns out that she knew nothing and only pretended to have knowledge for the sake of her reputation.
- School Newspaper Newshound
- What the Hell, Hero?: She quite blunty tells your candy what she thinks of her when she asks for Peggy's help to read Nathaniel's school file.
A delegate for her class Melody can usually be found in the student council room or anywhere where Nathaniel is. She's a nice, smart girl who is friendly to your candy from the moment they meet, even inviting you to her slumber party. However one thing that is also notable about her is that she very, very, very
much likes Nathaniel. And even though she's already been rejected it appears she still hold hope that one day he'll return her feelings.
- Dogged Nice Girl: She is like the girl!Kentin to Nathaniel. She'll do anything for him even though it doesn't really earn her any brownie points. Probably because he already rejected her for reasons still unknown to us.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: She becomes incredibly passive-aggressive almost every time she sees you near Nathaniel.
- Et Tu, Brute?: Takes Debrah's side.
- Hopeless Suitor: To date Nathaniel has not shown any interest whatsoever in Melody (beyond friendship at least). And if you are going for Nathaniel this becomes even more obvious.
A punkish girl who hates math, hates her language, and is easily annoyed when things don't go right. Still she's a friendly, dependable girl who comes through when you need her. She appears to live an exciting life outside of school that your candy is curious about, but she can't stand drama and prefers to stay out of it. Kim is the most easygoing and laidback of all the characters but make her mad and she can whip out some pretty sharp insults.
A shy, purple-haired artsy girl. Violette is pretty quiet and mostly keeps to herself in the garden. It is clear that she suffers from low-self-esteem or at the very least some insecurity issues. However she is nice and the more she talks to your candy, the more she comes out of her shell. She is very talented in drawing and sewing and almost always carries around an art board. She also always brings a stuffed animal to school, something she's not very proud of.
Not the nicest girl you'll come across. Capucine is an Amber fan through and through and will hate on your candy just as Amber does. Though she isn't nearly as ruthless as her idol (though that is NOT for lack of trying) she's still doing everything she can to replicate your relationship with Amber.
- Smug Snake: She tries but she isn't NEARLY as bad as Amber or even Debrah. Your candy doesn't even bother getting upset when she runs into Capucine and at worst just brushes her off.
A middle-schooler who is the self-proclaimed number 1 Lysander fan. She LOOOOOOVES Lysander so if he likes you she SOOOOOOOO does not love you. Still Nina is a cheerful and energetic girl who really just wants to help...her idol. She introduces herself to you as Lysandra and even gives you a 'Team Lysander' t-shirt (to match your Team Castiel and Team Nathaniel shirts). You can join her one-person fanclub for Lysander and stay or she can kick you out if Lysander doesn't let her hug him.
- Clingy Jealous Girl
- Cute and Psycho: Is genuinely cute and mostly upbeat and happy. But if you like Lysander and he likes you back, then a much more scary side of her comes out. Her angry design strikes fear into the heart of your candy.
- Elegant Gothic Lolita
- Hopeless Suitor: Even when Lysander doesn't like you that much he still doesn't take Nina's interest in him seriously. He assumes she'll just grow out of it.
- Precocious Crush: Not too bad. She's in middle school crushing on a high schooler.
- Stalker with a Crush: Of Lysander. But he doesn't seem to mind.
- This Means War!: Literally says the words if you hug up on Lysander in episode 17.
An interesting (to say the least) person met in episode 14 but fully introduced in episode 15. She is Castiel's ex-girlfriend who came back for a visit, but it is clear she has some ulterior motives. She used to go to Sweet Amoris before you showed up. As a result, everyone thinks she's their best friend and she certainly acts the part. However beneath the sweet and innocent act lies a true...
- Attention Whore
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Say what you want about Amber at least she is upfront about her true feelings.
- Bait the Dog: Debrah offers a lot of good things. Help with school work, compliments and confidence boosters, etc. Then she offers Castiel a position in her band as a guitarist...only to have Rosalya heavily imply (and in episode 17 Debrah herself confirms) that it's only because she thinks Castiel will let her have all of the spotlight. If you think that's bad wait until you see what she offered Nathaniel.
- Break the Haughty: Had to happen given the type of game this is.
- Crocodile Tears: She is very good at this.
- Hoist By Her Own Petard: Several things lead to her downfall. 1) Pissing off the student body president. 2) Her fame-hungry nature. And 3) She just HAS to brag to your candy about what's she's done and later on her true intentions. The second time she starts bragging said student body president comes into play.
- Manipulative Bitch: She tells you the story of her horrendous deeds because she knows you can't do anything about it. She has almost everyone in the school wrapped around her finger and the few who actually know how she really is are in the same boat as you. And yes. She rubs this fact in your face.
- Slut Shaming: The game itself does this to her.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Zigzagged. In the beginning Melody, Iris, and even Castiel praised her singing talents. However when she made it big her sales didn't do so well and it's heavily implied that the true music talent in her band belonged to Castiel. This is why her manager was okay with dropping her when she said she thinks she found a better deal.
- Your Cheating Heart: Flirted with Nathaniel while she was still with Castiel. Also did this to her bandmates.
- Villain Ball: What ultimately leads to her downfall. If she just kept her trap shut...
- Villain with Good Publicity
An friend from your candy's old school. Lucy is sweet, pretty, and appears to be very
popular with the boys. Not that she's complaining. You meet her at the mall doing what she does best—scoping the field for a new boyfriend. At first she sets her sights on Dake but when your candy makes the mistake of telling Lucy about the boys from Sweet Amoris, and Lucy visits with some very nice results, it becomes clear that Sweet Amoris will be getting a new student soon.
- The Casanova: Rare female version and her most prominent character trait to date. When you meet her she rattles off a list of boys who she dated once Candy left and assumes a week of being single is a tragedy. She also sneaks into your school to flirt with every guy you know.
- Drama Queen: When it comes to her love life at least. Even if she never gets with the guy (who she JUST met), Lucy will moan and groan about having a broken heart and how tragic it is that a great and powerful love ended so soon. She'll immediately cheer up once she sees another cute, single guy.
- Foil: To your candy and possibly Rosalya. Unlike Rosalya, who has settled into a long-term relationship with Leigh, and Candy, who either cannot decide which boy to like or is too shy to approach the one she does, Lucy goes through boys like they're this year's birthday gifts.
- Genius Ditz: She knows how to talk to boys and given her long dating history her tactic has been working extremely well for her.
- Kick the Dog: Her teasing Kentin in episode 20 comes across as mean-spirited. So much so that even your Candy is appalled and scolds her afterwards. Lucy promises to apologize for it.
- Love at First Sight: She falls in love with every cute guy she sees.
- Nice Girl: She actually genuinely gets along well with your Candy. In fact if you tell her you like Dake she'll immediately back off...Of course if you ask Kentin he'll tell a different story.
- Wingding Eyes: The shines in her eyes turn into hearts when she sees a cute boy.
The adults of your town and Sweet Amoris. They have a more practical use in that well, they aren't dateable (baring one exception) but they have a huge impact on your story line. Like the students they have friendship o'meters but there's really only one who's meter you affect.
A guide that appears in the beginning of almost every episode. She is also the first person you see when you start playing. Chinomiko is a helpful woman who tells you how and episode goes.
- Author Avatar: She is an in-game representation of the artist for the the game, Chinomiko.
- Info Dump: Whenever you see her (at the beginning of some episodes) she explains everything you need to know about the episode.
The second person you meet, Boris is a fun loving and physically active guy. He is first introduced to help the player understand the talking-to-others mechanism and eventually lands a permanent role as Sweet Amoris' gym teacher.
- Keet: He may not look the part but he certainly does act it.
The principal of Sweet Amoris High. The Principal is a woman who wants what's best for the school.
- Mood-Swinger: Worse than Castiel.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: She has extreme mood swings and sometimes the school allows things most kids in RL could only dream of happening (such as letting school out early for a simple reason) but she does care about doing what's best for the school and is open to new ideas so long as money isn't an issue.
Leigh is Lysander's older brother and the owner of the clothing shop. He is unique in that it is possible for you to date him in one episode if you can manage to keep him and his girlfriend Rosalya apart. Alas it is only for that
episode for he loves his girlfriend very much and once they patch things up he is off the market. Be aware that stealing Leigh from Rosalya does not earn you any points with Lysander.
- Aloof Older Brother: Although he can get away with it because Lysander himself is pretty aloof too. Rosalya however, does not approve.
- Aww, Look! They Really Do Love Each Other: Episode 6 is all about Rosalya believing he doesn't care about her as much as she does him. You can chose to help prove this trope to them or take Leigh for yourself.
- A Day in the Limelight: Episode 6
- Beware the Nice Ones: Unlike Lysander, his aloofness has more to do with shyness and Lysander actually worries about him when Rosalya wants to use him in a revenge plot. But Leigh not only does a perfect job, he admits he willingly went along because he felt Deborah deserved it.
- Promoted To Parent: He takes care of Lysander because neither want to live in the country.
The parents (and aunt!) of the main cast. Candy's aunt has been popping up since episode one but we finally meet her parents in episode 20 and the rest of the crew's parents' an episode later. We've only been introduced to them all now, but they have enough character for us to understand why their darling children grew up to be the classmates we now know and love.
- Abusive Parents: Heavily implied with Nathaniel and Amber's parents moreso now than ever before, especially their dad. He's apparently a very big fan of using discipline. Confirmed in episode 23.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Your candy mistakes Kentin's mom for a child and Kentin's sister at that before she mentions 'finding her husband'.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Naturally almost all of your friends are found avoiding their parents during the open house. Special mention must be made for Kentin's mom, Castiel's mom, and your mom and aunt (though only in private).
- Boisterous Bruiser: Castiel's mom. We now know where he gets his readiness to throw down from.
- Death Glare: Your candy calls it 'X-ray eyes' but your dad gives this to Armin and Kentin.
- Dye Hard: Castiel's mom dyed her hair red to be like her son.
- Freudian Excuse: Nathanial's father was sabotaged at his job and is now stuck in a basic position despite previously being considered for the vice president position (which is apparently causing financial issues as well). Because the person who sabotaged him was a young guy fresh out of college, Nathaniel assumes he is projecting his anger at that man onto Nathaniel. However your candy correctly points out that while that is indeed tragic, it does not excuse or even justify his actions.
- Jerk Ass: Nathaniel's parents. His father in particular made many of the other parents uncomfortable and almost everyone you meet says that they "feel sorry for their son". Curiously, no mention is made of feeling sorry for Amber.
- Papa Wolf: Kentin's father is seen twice looking for Amber. And just hearing his tone has your candy and Armin and Alexy's parents feeling sorry for her fate.
- Uncanny Family Resemblance: Kentin and his mom for sure. She looks almost exactly like how he did when he was Ken, right down to the glasses and the haircut.
- Completely and utterly averted with Lysander (and Leigh) and their parents.
- Also averted with Armin and Alexy for a special reason