open/close all folders
Keleria SharparrowAn elder Kal'dorei who was once a Priestess of the Moon. Through dark circumstance she lost the most recent years of her memory and is unable to call the Goddess's light, finding herself more suited to the role of a raging berserker.
- Amazonian Beauty: Keleria is 7'2, not too surprising since Kal'dorei are around 7 feet tall anyway, but she can also become an unstoppable berserker.
- Anti-Hero: Keleria is a type III so far.
- Badass Gay
- Combat Pragmatist: Keleria is far from nice in a fight.
- Keleria: No! Let's see what noise you make corpse! (she then pries an undead's arms right out of his body by levering her blades up from underneath his shoulderblades)
- As of chapter three she also isn't above using a Groin Attack in combat. After already having punctured both the guy's lungs.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Keleria lived through the War of the Ancients, which was already horrifying, and she's from Suramar which means her family was among those killed and raised as undead by the Nathreziem and their experiments on the city during the invasion. If that wasn't enough, her lover was forced to house a corruption inside her which eventually took control and forced Keleria to kill her. The corruption then forced itself inside Keleria and here she is now.
- Deadpan Snarker: With some overlap of Captain Obvious.
- Ayuri: What is that?Keleria: A journal.
- Dual Wielding: Keleria with her twin short swords.
- Fantastic Racism: Most definitely shows this in chapter 12. With shades of being a Troubled Sympathetic Bigot.
- Keleria: We spent ten-thousand years healing our lands, guarding them, protecting them against anything that posed a threat. And in a few short weeks it was right back to how it started with the added horror of Felwood looming over us now. All the other races cared for was what they could take. The Orcs cut down our forests and murdered Cenarius, the Humans trampled over our land like they owned it and cared little for our sacrifices. And why would they? The concept of immortality is lost on creatures with the lifespan of mayflies.
- Heroic Blue Screen of Death: Keleria being forbidden to ever see or contact Ayuri again invokes this, as Keleria just shuts down. She doesn't even react when she collapses and breaks her wrist.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Keleria has this, missing exactly three years of her life. Granted this could have been an extremely severe blue screen considering what happened right before it was induced. Too bad that wasn't the moment she specifically can't remember.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: There's hints of it in the new first chapter when Keleria politely convinces a smith to give her back her equipment.
- It tends to happen whenever she enters her bloodrage state.
- One Head Taller: Ayuri is relatively short for a Kal'dorei, being 6'6 and making her one head shorter than Keleria.
- Technically a Smile: Keleria has this in the third chapter.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
Ayuri ShadowsunA young Kal'dorei who is disillusioned by the world and treats just about everyone around her like they're idiots not worth her time; she is a Priestess of the Moon who follows the shaded path.
- Because You Were Nice to Me: Explains that this is why she's willing to go along with Asan's dangerous plan; she's paying back to debt.
- Broken Bird: Keleria deduces that Ayuri is this within the first few paragraphs.
- Casting a Shadow: Ayuri, being a Shadow Priest, which may not have the same connotation for Kal'dorei as it does Humans and other fearful-of-the-dark races.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Blackouts while growing up that caused her family to be exiled to a strange, foreign land and then having that family brutally murdered while your sister hides you and takes whatever horrible tortures the Defias have planned. After this Ayuri had nothing and no one to help and guide her other than her belief in Elune.
- Deflector Shields: As expected for a Priestess, Ayuri uses hers effectively in a fight. Namely she uses it in the first chapter on an undead psycho, causing him bounce off the shield and fall back on Keleria's swords.
- Heroic Resolve: It's implied that Ayuri has been struggling with Revera's attempts to control her her entire life. The only times Revera actually managed it was when she rendered Ayuri unconscious.
- It's Personal: Regards her family and the Defias Brotherhood.
- Master of the Mixed Message: Ayuri, whether intentional or not, brought vast degrees of confusion and undeserved self-deprecation to Keleria's life.
- Plucky Girl: As a ten year old.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Once pointed in the right direction, blood flies everywhere.
- Sugar and Ice Personality: The second chapter shows Ayuri to be this.
ServestorAyuri's lover in the beginning, he is a druid who focuses on life energy.
- The Medic: It's mentioned that his strengths are in restoration arts.
Nevali ShadowsunAyuri's older sister, having sacrificed herself to protect Ayuri when the Defias raided their home and killed their parents. She returns in the newest arc.
- Big Sister Instinct: This is the main thing that fuels her finally overcoming her tormentor, who wanted to "meet" Ayuri.
- Broken Bird: Gives off a stronger vibe than Ayuri.
- Rape as Backstory: Heavily implied during her captivity among the Defias.
Lexxias BloodwindKeleria's former lover, she appears in the form of flashbacks. She was a proud Kal'dorei warrior from a family of soldiers and became afflicted with some kind of demonic corruption during the War of the Ancients.
- Determinator: Reduced to raving, sweaty and weak mess who can't even crawl or sleep and still giving that demonic influence the finger after two nights.
- Posthumous Character: Only seen in flashbacks, being dead and all.
- Talking to Themself: Arguing with 'Zakrasha' when still fighting her influence without the bracers.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: Seems to have this in spades to the point where he will do ridiculously dangerous things just because people ask him to help them.
- Idiot Ball: Sure, let's raid a city full of angry trolls!
- The Beastmaster: Accompanied by his bear, Lorna.
Revera BlackfangThe ancient spirit of a Kal'dorei magus, who fought in the War of the Ancients. At some point she died and her ghost jumped into Ayuri's body, constantly wrestling for control of it.
- Casting a Shadow: Seems to amplify Ayuri's natural talent as a shadow priest by a considerable amount.
- Dissonant Serenity: Her reaction to a few things that should make a normal person at least a bit worried.
- Soft-Spoken Sadist: Revera doesn't make her kills quick or clean and she speaks calmly and quietly most of the time.
LarissaA woman who was part of the Defias Brotherhood before it's destruction.
- Terms of Endangerment: Calls Nevali her "darling."