Wonder who they'll find in the trees tomorrow.
He loves fear. It makes Him stronger, it gives Him motivation to go on. Though every single instinct in your body will scream curses at you, TRY YOUR HARDEST to NOT be afraid. Mutter a little mantra of things that make you happy. Think of a better place and time. However, be warned that a lack of fear makes Him curious, and He may step it up to test your limits.H(a)unting is a rather unusual blog concerning three friends; Lya, Matt and Sandra (with Preston the Chicken along for the ride), the latter of whom has been stalked by a familiar tall, faceless man for ten years. Notable in that Sandra has been stalked longer than any of his other known victims, and that she appears to be unaffected by his general creepiness. Since its establishment, H(a)unting has introduced a second Slender Man type entity, known only as ///It///. And now in order to protect the object of his curiosity, The Slender Man is essentially living with them. Hilarity may not ensue, even though the blog is more upbeat (compared to the other material). Tends to waver between humorous and Mind Screw.
This story provides examples of:
- Affably Evil: The Slender Man acts in an almost silly manner at times. After watching the "Splendorman" video, he starts giving out flowers. After watching "Concrete Giraffes," he starts wearing Matt's sunglasses. Oh, yeah, and he still brutally kills people.
- Battle Theme Music / Theme Music Powerup: in an adequately disturbing variant, Sandra singing Dark Wood Circus summons The Slender Man to mangle and disembowel anything that would threaten her. Comes with Dynamic Entry.
- Creepy Child: Sandra sometimes becomes very frightening.
- Eye Scream: Sandra had one eye sewn shut, and the other cut with an Arc Symbol— the Operator Symbol.
- Mama Bear: Lya acts like this towards Sandra, to the extent that her reaction to a single panicked scream was to "charge in there with a loaded pistol, a taser, and pepper spray to bring the whoopass down". Sandra was just playing Fatal Frame.
- Mind Screw: In a different way than most of the other blogs.
- Mood Whiplash: H(a)unting runs on it.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Namedropped here.
- Oh, Crap!: This ENTIRE post, as well as Sandra's reaction.
- One of Us: The H(a)unting crew have been known to enjoy TV Tropes, the SCP Foundation, Splendorman, and Concrete Giraffes.
- Somewhere, an Ornithologist Is Crying: Preston is mentioned as being up on the ceiling fan at one point. Silkie chickens are completely incapable of flight due to the nature of their feathers. Though this may instead be a Noodle Incident.
- Villains Out Shopping: After a few posts, it becomes clear how ol' Slendy spends his time in between stalking and killing other bloggers: by observing and protecting a teenage girl. He even sits with her while she plays horror games.