But, by far, the most interesting has to be the story of the Wicked Gentleman. I donít much about the story, William just gave a bare outline of it, says itís a forgotten legend. The Wicked Gentleman was supposed to be someone living in the woods, finely dressed, but in an odd styling.Eric Jameson, an avid hiker, recently moved to a small town in Montana. Expecting quiet, rural life, he instead begins to learn of The Wicked Gentleman, a local legend. On his excursions into the woods and mountainsides, Eric begins finding dead animals which fit the supposed actions of the Gentleman. Curious, he begins to probe deeper into his new home's hidden secrets...Sadly, the blog can no longer be read outside the Wayback Machine, as the host site had deleted it for inactivity.
This blog provides examples of:
- Ax-Crazy: Eric thinks the Gentleman would look rather fine with an ax embedded in his skull.
- Combat Tentacles: Our favorite Eldritch Abomination enjoys using these to abuse Eric and local wildlife.
- Cruel and Unusual Death: The dead deer and the descriptions of them are...vivid, to say the least. Not to mention when The Gentleman pulls a deer apart.
- Canon Discontinuity: The asylum posts.
- Don't Go in the Woods
- Evil Smells Bad: Those freshly killed animals? They have the scent of weeks of decomposition.
- Flat "What.": "SoÖthe Gentleman. Is an idea. What."
- Film Noir: Eric has a dream where he assumes the role of a hard boiled detective in a rainslicked city as he tracks a serial killer Exactly like the Gentleman
- Go Mad from the Isolation: Quite likely what happened to the Hermit.
- Insane Equals Violent: As the Gentleman's attacks further push Eric into the crazy bin, the hiker's list of things he wants to do to his Eldritch stalker become more and more disturbing.
- Not Using the "Z" Word: Eric never refers to him as the Slender Man, instead calling him the Wicked Gentleman.
- Suicide by Cop
- Scenery Porn: Some of the photos posted on the tumblr are simply beautiful.
- Town with a Dark Secret: The Gentleman first appeared in the 1800's, and everyone in the town seems to know of the legend but won't talk about it.