A relatively new Ask A Pony
blog, Ask High School Cadance
depicts a younger Princess Cadance as she responds to reader questions while dealing with Equestria High School
and her not-so-secret crush on Shining Armor. Recognized for its high quality art work and cute interpretation of the character, the blog is rapidly gaining a following in the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
This blog has examples of:
- Adorkable: Cadance, complete with huge glasses and awkward mannerisms.
- Big Man on Campus: Shining Armor, as implied by his conversation with Neon Shine and how his desk is overflowing with presents from his fangirls.
- Bromantic Foil: Neon for Shining.
- Cute Bookworm: Cadance's first bit of dialogue depicts her rummaging through her textbooks.
- Dude, She's Like in a Coma: Shining Armor briefly passes out from overexerting his magic right before he and Cadance ended up trapped in a closet together during Hearts and Hooves Day. Several readers urge Cadance to take this opportunity to kiss him, and she nearly follows through before her conscience (along with a few other readers) reminds her that taking advantage of Shining Armor that way would be wrong.
- Everybody Knew Already: Her poor attempts at hiding her crush on Shining Armor. After freaking out and some badgering from the readers, she admits it openly.
- Everyone Chasing You: Shining Armor spends most of Hearts and Hooves Day being chased by a mob of fangirls. In fact, this seems to happen to him quite frequently no matter what day it is.
- Foil: Neon Shine's design and characterization serve as a contrast to Shining Armor. His coat is darker, eyes are lighter, and is a bit of a Deadpan Snarker.
- High School AU: This takes place during the time in which Cadance is Twilight Sparkle's foalsitter.
- High School Sweethearts: They're still only classmates, but anyone that knows who they are know that Cadance and Shining Armor will end up like this.
- In-Series Nickname: As in canon, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza prefers to be called Cadance, but her friend Millie Pan likes calling her "Mia".
- Lovable Jock: Shining Armor.
- Luminescent Blush: Cadance gets really flustered at anything relating to Shining.
- Meganekko: Cadance sports some huge glasses.
- Mr. Fanservice: Shining Armor has such a huge female following that he resorts to either running away from them or using Neon as a decoy.
- Nervous Wreck: She has some rather...extreme reactions to anything involving Shining Armor.
- No Fourth Wall: Cadance responds to readers' questions and statements in each entry.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Shining gets a little too close for Cadance's comfort.
- Oblivious to Love: Shining, though it may be because he's too used to dealing with rabid fangirls to realize Cadance's affection.
- Shipper on Deck: Neon isn't nearly as oblivious as Shining.◊
- Shrinking Violet: So much so that she panics and runs away from Shining when they come across each other in the hall.
- Shy Blue-Haired Girl: More like violet, rose, and gold.
- Single Girl Seeks Most Popular Guy: Pretty much the premise thus far in a nutshell.
- Socially Awkward Heroine: Cadance.
- Stuffed into a Locker: One reader jokingly suggested it as a means of escape from an awkward encounter with Shining. Cadance quickly points out that she wouldn't be able to fit in one.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: Neon, in contrast to the white-coated and earnest Shining.