Badass Creed: Webcomics
- Penny Arcade did a short story called the Lookouts, which had a Badass-in-Training Creed in the form of the Lookout's motto:
"The Eyrewood reaches top to toe,And through this wood we all must go.Let Winter freeze, and Summer burn.What men must know, a boy must learn."
- Their credo is concise but also awesome: "May We Die in the Forest".
- From the FBI agents in Sinfest
Every law you break...
- Tales of the Questor (This is actually a well known bible passage, so it doubles as As the Good Book Says)
The lord is my shepherd;I shall not want.He maketh me to lie down in green pastures;he leadeth me beside the still waters.He restoreth my soul;He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil, for thou art with me,thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Thou preparedst a table for me in the presence of mine enemies;thou anointest my head with oil;my cup runneth over.Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;and I will dwell in the house of the lord forever.
- From this Subnormality strip , the 115th Infantry Division of the Galactic Defense Force.
- "No one's fought like we're about to"
- Adapted at the end by the Hooker with a Heart of Gold, "No one's fucked like we're about to."
- From The Order of the Stick strips : "Only the honor of a paladin is unbreakable."
- It would be just Meaningful Echo otherwise, but it has enough impact, and applies to all of the Azure Guard's paladins, embodying the true paladin mindset as a whole, that it can be considered a rallying cry for the Azure Guard ghost-martyrs.
- Homestuck has the Peregrine Mendicant's creed. It's Played for Laughs, but when you think about it it's badass as hell.
The mail is the one final hope for resurrecting a dead planet from its ashes, and the letter carriers are the brave soldiers of God in this righteous crusade. They are the defenders of the light of knowledge, free communication, and the exchange of ideas. They are the bold toters of all those little papery conduits of freedom, the white postmarked angels that whisper a message on their deliverance, a promise to the yearning: "There is hope yet."Liberty. Reason. Justice. Civility. Edification. Perfection.MAIL.