- Penny Arcade did a short story called the Lookouts, which had a Badass-in-Training Creed in the form of the Lookout's motto:
"The Eyrewood reaches top to toe,And through this wood we all must go.Let Winter freeze, and Summer burn.What men must know, a boy must learn."
- Their credo is concise but also awesome: "May We Die in the Forest".
- From the FBI agents in Sinfest
Every law you break...
- Tales of the Questor (This is actually a well known bible passage, so it doubles as As the Good Book Says)
The lord is my shepherd;I shall not want.He maketh me to lie down in green pastures;he leadeth me beside the still waters.He restoreth my soul;He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil, for thou art with me,thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Thou preparedst a table for me in the presence of mine enemies;thou anointest my head with oil;my cup runneth over.Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;and I will dwell in the house of the lord forever.
- From this Subnormality strip , the 115th Infantry Division of the Galactic Defense Force.
- "No one's fought like we're about to"
- Adapted at the end by the Hooker with a Heart of Gold, "No one's fucked like we're about to."