- Duane first shows his aptitude for man-to-man magic combat when he curb stomps Bett in their short duel, catching Bett's own amateurish spells and using them against him. Even a summoned monster doesn't stay under Bett's control for more than a few seconds.
- The comic has several instances where fancy magic effects are used, but the scene in the tomb where Duane is trying to heal poor Cara as she lies dying, with magical fire extending beyond the edge of the comic page, burning into the website itself, until it suddenly goes dark when Cara dies in Duane's arms. Easily one of the comic's most striking scenes, and a crowning moment of awesome for its creator.
- Duane successfully performing a mountain punch. Quigley's reaction is glorious.
- Quigley managing to hold his own against (and almost defeat!) Anadyne and Knock-Me-Down Frummagem despite having extra encumbrance in the form of Matty clinging to his back while he fought... then Starfish had to come ruin the day, and things no longer looked good for the Quigleys.
Jivi: Starfish! That ain't the way it should be!
- Then BAM comes Jivi on Uaid with an epic Big Damn Heroes moment.
- Jivi has a very badass night in Chapter 6. First he tricks Ephsephin into drinking whiskey filled with exploding mousetraps, greviously wounding him. He then escapes his cell, knocks out Cutter, who's attacking him, and finally comes back piloting Uaid to save the Red Berry Boys' captives along with Quigley and Matty.
- Quigley gets a moment in his backstory: He comes home to find his wife dead (and partly charcoal), her forge demolished, Matty blinded and Vienne's masterwork, Uaid, gone. So what does he do? Strap Matty to his back and raid the municipal office in an attack he didn't expect to survive...and managed to get out not only alive, but with the construct, and managed to get across the border into Cresce!
- Duane breaking through the restraints of a Plod Collar, a device specifically meant to keep zombies both docile and in excruciating pain.
I have known such torment as to beggar the pains of Hell!. You think to tame me with this toy?!
- Boo turning out to be Too Happy For Yog Sothoth when the First Silver tries to take it over and can't because it's full of happy thoughts and doesn't have any of the negativity the First Silver feeds on.
- Sette shows off her guile and fast thinking in fine style when injured and restrained by Starfish. First she distracts him from simply carrying her off by drawing attention to her Ambiguously Human status, then kicks her dropped cinquedea so it flies up... and fails to harm her attacker, to his glee. Then she delivers the mother of all Groin Attacks by pulling the knife she stashed up her sleeve earlier and shoving it right into his wedding tackle. And doesn't forget to pull the lock switch the instant she's free!