Video Game: Blazing Lazers
Blazing Lazers is a Vertical Scrolling Shooter for the Turbo-Grafx 16, produced by Hudson Soft and developed by Compile (whose name only appears in the game's end credits as "cooperator"). In Japan it was titled Gunhed, and was a tie-in to a movie of the same name; however, the game and movie barely resemble each other.The game has nine variously space-themed stages which are slightly wider than the screen.Four weapon types are available, each of which can be upgraded by collecting purple orbs and items which give additional firepower.
Tropes appearing in this game:
- Attack Drone
- Boss Rush: Area 9.
- Eenie, Meenie, Miny Moai: Moai appear in Area 5.
- Idiosyncratic Difficulty Levels: Normal Dog, Hard Human, Super Mania and God of the Game.
- Macross Missile Massacre
- Sequential Boss: The Final Boss.
- Smart Bomb: The flashing pink orb.
- Unstable Equilibrium: The last couple of levels are really hard, and they're even harder if you lose your weapons.
- Womb Level: Area 4.