Awesome: The Wizard in the Shadows
- This series is packed with them.
The Wizard In The Shadows
- In his first appearance, Harry chases off the Witch King with a Patronus. Establishing Character Moment indeed.
- The following exchange.
Merry: What are you doing?Harry: Looking for trouble.
- Takes on a certain sort of Fridge Brilliance when you consider that Harry used to complain that trouble found him.
- Harry vs Wargs at the foot of Caradhras. Burn indeed.
- Boromir saving Aragorn at the same time.
- A villainous one: Saruman shuts down both Harry and Gandalf at once.
- What happens when Ganfalf dies. Harry loses his temper. Middle Earth loses the East Gate of Moria.
- Harry vs Saruman round two, atop Isengard. Complete with Beam-O-War.
- Sirius taking on a troll, complete with Pirates of the Caribbean Shout-Out.
Ron: That man has issues.
- Sirius shifting to dog form to kill an absolutely enormous Warg.
- He is later seen chasing after a pack of them, cackling madly.
- Sirius shifting to dog form to kill an absolutely enormous Warg.
- Another villainous one: The Witch King surviving Harry's furious onslaught.
- Denethor saving Ginny and duelling the Witch King of Angmar with the Sword of Gryffindor.
- Doubly so because she's someone he barely knows and has little reason to like. But she's Boromir's friend.
- Boromir's spectacular Calling the Old Man Out.
- Aragorn and Boromir each taking on and killing a troll.
- When Emrys' Superpowerful Genetics activate in the middle of battle, he kills a troll in about four seconds flat and is described as casually killing anything in his path.
- What Eirian does to Wormtongue. Combined with Nightmare Fuel, though he undoubtedly deserves it. Quoth Harry, "Tell me. When did your sister get so scary?"
- Godric Gryffindor's intervention at Helm's Deep. A Patronus several hundred feet tall vs a thousand dementors? Awesome.
- When Ginny is poisoned by the Witch King, Harry flips spectacularly. The narrative provides this line:
He whirled his sword once, which glowed with a cold silvery fury that caused a pang of fear in all who saw it on all sides. All recognised death when they saw it.
- Harry's speech to the Mouth of Sauron:
Harry: Shut. Up.The Mouth: Ah, the black wizard speaks at last. And I see you have brought companions, lesser in power, but still, you would have been useful to Lord Sauron if you had been but willing to serve him. As it is, you are mere fleas compared to the might of the Lord of Barad-dûr.Harry: And why would I want to serve a being that is restricted to existence as a giant eyeball on a tower, who sends petty emissaries to lie to us and try and crush us with despair? If Sauron had the One Ring, he would not send something as pitiful as you out to 'negotiate' with us. You spoke of whether any of us were fit to negotiate with you. When I look at my companions I see people of power, nobility, impeccable lineage and courage. You have the Royal House of Rohan, whose current King fought the Witch King of Angmar, a millennia old sorcerous wraith and your master's second to a draw. You have the new King of Gondor and Arnor, who under the name of Thorongil burnt out your miserable lair of Umbar and other deeds too numerous to name. You have Gandalf the White, a being of such power and wisdom that you could not know or understand a fraction of his thoughts, who was sent back by Eru himself to face your Master's evil after fighting a dark creature of the same order as your Master to the death. And then you have me. I, who faced a Balrog of Morgoth, Durin's bane, and lived to tell the tale, I who fought Saruman the accursed and cast him down, I who drove the Witch King of Angmar into the earth with a power this world has not witnessed since the elder days, I who killed a Dark Wizard of equal power to any of the Nazgul in single combat at the age of 17, after drawing at the age of 14 and driving him off at 11. And that is just the beginning, you miserable piece of Black Numenorean slime. My fellow wizards and witches have faced dark wizards whose cruel deeds and power would curdle the blood in your veins since they were little more than children. All my other companions have been slaughtering your master's minions in uncountable numbers. I think Sauron is frightened. He has seen his greatest servants fended off and destroyed, some by myself personally, by our power.Harry: Beat And what are you in comparison to that? You are simply the latest and by far the most pitiful of his attempts to destabilise us. Run back to your Master, wretch, grovel in front of him and tell him that he is right to fear us. We have courage, steel, powers your master will never understand and the strength to wield them effectively. Go, now, while we feel merciful, you worthless piece of shit. Or I will fight you to the pain. I feel I should explain at this point what that means. To the pain means the first thing you will lose will be your feet below the ankles. Then your hands at the wrists. Next your nose. After that, you will lose will be your left eye followed by your right. But your ears you keep and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear Eru! What is that thing?" will echo in your perfect ears. That is what to the pain means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.
From Out of the Shadows
- The lawnmower.
- Lucius Malfoy insulting Emrys and Eirian, then having to deal with flying piranhas up his robes.
- Draco's Casual Danger Dialogue Sherlock Scan of Harry, Emrys, Eirian, Sirius and George Weasley, while all but George are poised to attack him, knowing damn well how dangerous they are, whilst drinking tea.
- Morcar creating a shield that blocks the Cruciatus curse, then cutting off the casters hand.
- Boromir tearing into Morcar for mocking Harry. After this, there can be no doubt that Boromir sees Harry as his little brother.
Morcar: I note you don't deny his power. Or his insanity.Boromir: Anyone who spends more than ten minutes with Harry Potter is certain that he is mad. This is true. But anyone who spends long enough in his presence and pays attention becomes aware that he puts on at least some of the madness merely for his own amusement and he has very many valid reasons for the rest.Boromir: If you count having your parents murdered at the age of one and remembering your mother being murdered right in front of your eyes by one of the worst evils I have ever encountered. If you count then being raised by guardians who routinely mistreated him and made him live in a small cupboard, then being treated as the Chosen hero by an entire world from the age of eleven, and thereafter fighting in a near constant war. If you count then having almost everyone even resembling a father figure murdered, often in front of you, and when you finally won, and sought surcease, being thrown into another world and another war, being trapped there. If you count all of that, then yes, he has valid ''reason''. He is my friend. And I will ''not'' have him mocked, guardsman. Is. That. Clear?
Snippets From The Shadows
- Maglor laying into spirit!Feanor in 'Therapy'.