YMMV: The Wizard in the Shadows
- Badass Decay: Voldywraith. Justified Trope in that Sauron had to force his will on him to make him as biddable as the other Wraiths. He goes down fairly easily, but not before he kills Harry.
- Crazy Awesome: When faced with an oncoming army of Wargs, what do you do? If you're Harry Potter, Use a sonorus spell and shriek. Very loudly. It works remarkably well, and leads to a Crowning Moment of Funny.
Boromir: A POX ON ALL BLOODY DERANGED WIZARDS!
- With the help of Arthur Weasley, Maglor designed a magical lawnmower. That has an attack function. Hilarity Ensues.
- "Funny Aneurysm" Moment: Sure, it's hilarious when Glorfindel outdrinks Legolas and Sirius vanishes his hair. The aneurysm comes in later when Legolas breaks down and reveals that he does his hair the same way everyday because his long dead mother used to do it for him, and it's a way for him to remember.
- Game Breaker: Harry with the Sword of Gryffindor.
- Genius Bonus: the many references to the First Age and The Silmarillion.
- Holy Shit Quotient: a high one is maintained, particularly in later chapters.
- Magnificent Bastard: Draco Malfoy.
Potter, when people expect to see a pretty face, that is all they see.
- Also Merlin.
- Moral Event Horizon: Harry arguably crosses it on a couple of occasions, usually followed by a My God, What Have I Done? moment.