Awesome: Stand and Deliver
- After Ana announces that she'll be leaving, she comes back suddenly to answer a math problem that everyone had struggled on like it was nothing.
- Escalante standing up to an Educational Testing Service investigator who thinks his students cheated.
Escalante: I'm gonna prove you guys wrong!Ramirez: I hope you do, because this is not between you and me.Escalante: Maybe not, but if I catch you on the street, I'm gonna kick the shit out of you.
- After Escalante suffers a mild heart attack, he still writes class notes on paper napkins and has a nurse smuggle them to his students so they can continue studying despite the incompetent substitute teacher. That is dedication.
- When Escalante's class is accused of cheating, they are made to retake their AP calculus exams, and they pass a second time, despite having a day to prepare.
- After Angel he tells the school district officials he stole the answers from the mailman after strangling him, he flashes the tattoo on his knuckles to them. The tattoo reads "FUCK YOU".
- When Chuco flips off Escalante in an attempt to be clever, Escalante shows no signs of being fazed in the slightest and makes a great comeback with teaching him a quick way to multiply by nine on his fingers.
- And now, a picture of "Jaime Escalante" and Jaime Escalante.◊
- Edward James Olmos actually has a fansite!
- Claudia telling Escalante that no, it is not okay for him to make jokes about her personal life in front of the class.