YMMV: Stand and Deliver
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: Now with its own page.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Now with its own page.
- Crowning Moment of Heartwarming: In 2010, it was revealed that the real Escalante did not have insurance to cover the chemo he would need to fight his thyroid cancer. Edward James Olmos (among other cast members and some of Escalante's former actual students) stepped in and started a fund to help him pay for it. Sadly, he died in March of 2010.
- Harsher in Hindsight: Mr. Escalante has a heart attack at one point in the movie, which may serve as this to some people after the real Jaime Escalante died.
- You can't help but be amused when Ramirez snaps and goes all ham.
- Escalante's "NO WAAAY!"
- Nightmare Fuel: The aforementioned heart attack scene, which is made worse considering how prolonged it is.
- The Woobie: You can't help but feel bad for Angel once Chuco abandons him.