- Artyom can either sneak through the Frontline undetected or just kills every Nazi and Communist, all by himself
- The sequel confirmed that Artyom did kill them all.
- Artyom rescuing Sasha from the ruins of Hole station all by himself.
- And then in the next level, fighting from the exit of the Hole station to the entrance of the Black station (held by the Nazis) by himself, across the surface.
- Artyom managed to be the first person to enter the depth of Library and survived his encounter with the Librarian.
- Finding D6. A cache of weapons, vehicles, and pre-war technology, perfectly preserved despite the decades since the bombs fell.
Miller: Our heritage, our future, how much power is here. With all of this we'll rule the Earth once more! We won't have to live like rats, with sword and fire, we'll win back the sky and the sun! We can climb out of the dirt, rebuild the cities and the Metro tunnels will be once again filled with fast silver trains.