- This exchange:
Commissar: ...The Party teaches that only the Communist way can show the true path through the tunnels...
Soldier: Comrade Commissar, what does the party teach about the two-headed mutants that roam the Frontline?
Commissar: Um... er...
Soldier: Well, so much for the entertainment.
- In itself a reference to the same line in the book, although Artyom gets ignored when pitching it to religious nuts.
- Ulman dicking around on the intercom in D-6.
"People of Metro! We have awaited your arrival! We are those who are called the Invisible Watchers. Your time has come. And now you will feel our wrath!"
- Artyom's Idle Animations have their moments.
- The Bastard on its own has two examples:
- He accidently breaks off the fire selector after fidgeting with it. After a beat, he sticks it right back on.
- He starts tossing it up. After a few times, the gun disappears. As he looks up, it crashes back down into his hands.
- He pulls the Duplet's stock so hard it comes off. He's hasty to put it back on.
- He shocks himself with the Universal Charger.
- This exchange.
Guard: Face to the wall! This is an inspection.
Comedian: C'mon, quit harassing me! I don't swing that way!
Guard: Cut the bullshit! Prepare for inspection!
Comedian: I'm always prepared for this! Doctor, could you check my prostate while you're at it? I'm pissing kinda funny, it's glowing, must be the radiation.
- Ulman as he and Artyom arrive at Polis; his response to a guard asking who they are.
"Oooh, we're Nazis! Come to take your station!"
- After you meet Khan for the first time in the game, you can look around the bandit leader's room and you'll find a teddy bear on his cot, right next to the head of a nosalis mounted on the wall. Just try to imagine that big tough bandit leader curled up on his cot, hugging his teddy and sucking his thumb while he sleeps. XD