Anime: Naruto Shippuden The Movie Inheritors Of The Will Of Fire
Naruto Shippuden: Inheritors of the Will of Fire is the sixth movie in the Naruto franchise and the third of the Shippuden series released in 2009.Kekkei Genkai abilites are suddenly disappering from neighboring village save for Konoha which the others begin to suspect the thefts were their doing. Leading into the threat of a great ninja war. Tsunade is ordered to find the culprit or Konoha will be destroyed. However it doesn't take long for the true villain, a former Konoha ninja named Hiruko to present himself, declaring he's after Kakashi's Sharigan. Not long after Kakashi goes missing and is declared a Missing-Nin.Naturally, Naruto and Sakura are worried for their former teacher and, along with Sai and against Tsunade's orders, go after him in the hopes of proving him innocent and bringing him back home as well as stopping Hiruko from instigating a war.
The movie has the following tropes:
- Alas, Poor Villain: Hiruko only wanted to be as strong as the Legendary Senin whom he was friends with. But lost his way when he started doing twisted experiments to himself. After he's defeated, he comes to realize he could've been stronger if he had made friends. Kakashi comforting him and this knowledge allows him to die happy.
- Batman Gambit: Tsunade actually put a counter jutsu on Kakashi in the event Hiruko activated his puppet seal to bring Kakashi to him. Once he tried to absorb Kakashi it activates and would've imploded Hiruko. However this meant Kakashi would die as well, something Naruto wouldn't stand for.
- Big Bad: Hiruko, a ninja trying to become immortal and kickstart the Fourth Great Ninja War.
- Body Horror. Hiriko's body underneath the bandages.
- Call Back: Gaara's fight with Naruto is one to his fight with Sasuke during the Chuunin Exams.
- Captain Obvious:Shino: It's clear that those two are not normal dogs. Why? Because they don't look like normal dogs.
- Clear My Name: Both for Konoha as well as Kakashi
- Deer in the Headlights: When he Hiruko realizes that he can't absorb the Rasenshuriken, he just stands there and lets Naruto hit him with it.
- Deus ex Machina: Hiruko can absorb ninjutsu, so it looks like the heroes will defeat him with physical attacks. Instead, Naruto does a Rasenshuriken, and Hiruko can't absorb it for some reason.
- It's because the Rasenshuriken is a technique that combines both shape transformation and nature transformation of chakra and takes them to the highest level. Naruto is the only one so far who has mastered being able to do both, while Hiruko couldn't do either at the same time, which was why he couldn't maintain the Rasenshuriken when he tried to absorb it.
- Mega Manning: Hiruko's power, the ability to absorb Kekkei Genkai and other moves into his power set.
- No Sell: Hiruko at the end when he tries to absorb Naruto's Fūton: Rasenshuriken and finds he can't.
- Oh, Crap: Hiruko when he finds out that he can't absorb the Rasenshuriken.
- People Puppets: How Hiruko supposedly gets Kakashi to leave Konoha.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Lampshaded when a henchwoman yells at Team 8 for talking instead of fighting her.
- Total Eclipse of the Plot: Hiruko's absorption technique takes place during these.
- You Are Number Six: Literally, Hiruko's henchman are literally named Ich, Nin and San (1, 2, 3)