Anime: Naruto Shippuden the Movie: Bonds
Naruto Shippūden 2: Bonds (劇場版 NARUTO−ナルト− 疾風伝 絆, Gekijōban Naruto Shippūden: Kizuna)is the fifth overall Naruto film, and is the second Naruto: Shippūden film released on August 2008.A mysterious group of ninja called the Sky shinobi from the Land of the Sky made a surprise attack on Konoha. This was because Konoha had nearly destroyed the Land of the Sky during the Second Shinobi World War, but they had survived, and now they were after the Land of Fire, and, in particular Konoha, for revenge. Naruto and co have to face this threat in addition to the Zero Tails, while accompanied by the Cool Old Guy, Shinno and his Bifauxnen assistant, Amaru.
The movie has the following tropes:
- Advertised Extra: The ads made a big deal that Sasuke was in the movie and he is. But only shows up in the beginning and near the climax and his presence at most is just a Deus ex Machina. Outside of fighting the big bad, Naruto and he hardly have any interaction and in the grand scheme of the plot, he's fairly pointless.
- Anguished Declaration of Love: At the film's climax, Amaru tells Shinno she loves him. His response is a maniacal laugh.
- Big Bad: Shinno
- Bifauxnen: Amaru looks and acts like a boy. It isn't until Naruto sees her without her vest and soaking wet that he realizes she has more curves than a typical boy.
- Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: Shinno. And HOW.
- Blood Knight: Shinno displays this attitude towards wanting to fight the Nine Tails.
- Brought Down to Normal: Shinno by Sasuke's technique goes from Physical God to Smug Snake immediately.
- Cool Old Guy: Shinno Except he's not.
- Despair Event Horizon: Amaru crosses it when her sensei "died" and caused the Zero Tails to come out. And when her sensei reveals his true colors, she's reduced to a sobbing, near-catatonic wreck.
- Eldritch Abomination: Zero Tails though it seems to be artificial rather than a part of the Ten Tails.
- Evil All Along: Shinno was not only the Big Bad, but a major jackass in general.
- Evil Laugh: Shinno, when Amaru admits her love for him.
- False Friend: Shinno never cared about Amaru in the slightest, and his response to Was It All a Lie? was a satisfying Evil Laugh.
- Faux Affably Evil: Shinno pretended to be a loving master to Amaru, but it turns out it was all an act.
- Interrupted Suicide: When she learns the truth, Amaru tries to kill herself with the scalpel Shinno gave her. She ends up stabbing Naruto in the arm when he stops her.
- Jerk Ass: Shinno turns out to be a major asshole under his guise as a good doctor.
- Kick the Dog: Shinno mocks Amaru's love for him, resulting in his asskicking.
- Lack of Empathy: His laugh to Amaru's devotion shows how little he cared about her.
- Manipulative Bastard: Shinno, who uses Amaru's devotion and despair to utilize the Zero Tails.
- Made of Evil: The Zero Tails is made from hatred.
- Nebulous Evil Organisation: The Land of Sky seems to be more of this than an actual Shinobi nation.
- Ore Onna: Amaru refers to herself with "ore", emphasizing her masculine personality.
- Smug Super: Shinno before Sasuke brought him down to normal.
- Smug Snake: Shinno post-Brought Down to Normal.
- Villainous Breakdown: Shinno goes both mentally and physically lower and lower till he's a half-crazed and suicidal worm of a man.
- Walking Spoiler: Shinno is not only alive and the Big Bad, he's also a major Jerk Ass.
- Was It All a Lie?: Amaru to Shinno, which the latter responds with an insensitive laugh to her feelings.