Majokko Tickle is an early Magical Girl series created by Go Nagai, airing from 1978 to 1979.Tiko, a shy Japanese schoolgirl, receives a book as a gift from her father on her eleventh birthday. When Tiko opens the book, she releases Tickle, a mischievous fairy who was imprisoned inside the book for playing pranks on people. Tickle spends the series living with Tiko (having cast a spell so that the family believes she's Tiko's sister), using her powers to solve everyday problems, and of course playing tricks on people, particularly Tiko's annoying kid sister, Hina.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Hina. She loves nothing more than butting into whatever her "sisters" are doing.
- Butt Monkey: Hina. She often gets her comeuppance via Tickle's magic.
- Cassandra Truth: Nobody believes Hina when she claims to have seen Tickle using magic.
- Cute Witch: Tickle.
- Fish out of Water: Living in the human world and having a family are both new experiences for Tickle.
- Girlish Pigtails: Tickle. She has pony tails as hair dressing.
- Magical Incantation: "Maharu Tamara Furanpa" is Tickle's.
- Muggle Best Friend: Tiko.
- Muggle Foster Parents: Complete with the "hypnotism of family" subtrope that's common in Magical Girl shows.
- The Prankster: Tickle is a mischievous fairy.
- Remember the New Guy: In-Universe. Tiko uses Tickle's magic to manipulate everyone's memories, making them believe she has always been Tiko's twin sister.
- Rich Bitch: Satomi. She is very snobby, and usually causes problems for Tiko.
- Sealed Mischief In A Can: Tickle was imprisoned in a book for playing tricks before being freed by Tiko (although she claims to be a magical princess on the run from a dragon).
- Secret Chaser: Hina is constantly trying to expose Tickle as a magic-user, but it never works.
- Shrinking Violet: Tiko, she is a very shy girl.