Anime: Majokko Tickle
Majokko Tickle is an early Magical Girl series created by Go Nagai, airing from 1978 to 1979.Tiko, a shy Japanese schoolgirl, receives a book as a gift from her father on her eleventh birthday. When Tiko opens the book, she releases Tickle, a mischievous fairy who was imprisoned inside the book for playing pranks on people. Tickle spends the series living with Tiko (having cast a spell so that the family believes she's Tiko's sister), using her powers to solve everyday problems, and of course playing tricks on people, particularly Tiko's annoying kid sister, Hina.
This series provides examples of:
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Hina
- Butt Monkey: Hina
- Cassandra Truth: Nobody believes Hina when she claims to have seen Tickle using magic.
- Cute Witch: Tickle
- Fish out of Water: Living in the human world and having a family are both new experiences for Tickle.
- Girlish Pigtails: Tickle
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Tickle is voiced by Rihoko Yoshida, who voiced another Majokko (Megu-chan) four years earlier.
- Mitsuko Horie: Sang the and OP and ED theme songs.
- Magical Incantation: "Maharu Tamara Furanpa" is Tickle's.
- Muggle Best Friend: Tiko
- Muggle Foster Parents: Complete with the "hypnotism of family" subtrope that's common in Magical Girl shows.
- The Prankster: Tickle
- Rich Bitch: Satomi
- Sealed Mischief In A Can: Tickle
- Secret Chaser: Hina is constantly trying to expose Tickle as a magic-user, but it never works.
- Shrinking Violet: Tiko