In the last episode, the Vampbenders were whisked away by Loki and taken to "the Netherworld" to seek the aid of Lady N'Hemia, the Succubus Queen. However, upon arriving at her mansion, the Vampbenders were drugged and then placed into pods that would perpetuate a shared illusory world wherein they were high school students and faced sexual encounters at every turn. There, they shall be consumed by desire and become N'Hemia's mind slaves, unless they can break free first. However, before Nerdly could even be integrated into the illusory world, Nucleus manifested from within his body and asserted control, breaking free from the pod and escaping the mansion. It seemed as if a Dark Council member had been lurking within Nerdly's very body all along. We now return with the continuation to this adventure. The episode begins with Nucleus leaving N'Hemia's manor and looking up at the sky. He launches himself into the air, flying away. Nucleus studies the landscape from high above. As he stares down looking pensive, the screen dissolves to signify a flashback. The following flashback is shown entirely in monochrome. The present day Nucleus narrates. The flashback begins with Doctor Myro in the same laboratory shown in "The Future is Now", where he is pressing the same buttons over and over again on the larvae Nucleus' incubation capsule as the song "Spice Up Your Life" can be heard coming from the speakers in another room.
- Present Nucleus: I was created by Doctor Myro from the DNA of the metaverses' strongest fighters, such as Chuck Norris, Mr. T and Vin Diesel, for the sole purpose of taking his revenge upon Avatar Mc Potter and conquering the world.
- Doctor Myro Recording: You are my ultimate creation! I designed you from the DNA of the metaverses' strongest fighters! You shall have no peer, no equal in combat! Nucleus, the Perfect Being!
- Present Nucleus: That tape drove me INSANE! Over and over again, day in, day out! It filled me with murderous rage! The day came when I had finally grown enough to survive outside of the incubation capsule and it was then that I made my move.
- Doctor Myro: Welcome, Nucleus!
- Doctor Myro: What is the meaning of this?!
- Nucleus: I had to listen to that tape for so damn long!Doctor Myro: Please, I beg of you! Listen to me!
- Nucleus: I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!
- Present Nucleus: After I disposed of Doctor Myro, I quickly subdued the world of my time and quickly grew bored of my status as supreme being in the universe. And so, I traveled back in time in search of a greater challenge. However, through some manner of fluke, the Vampbenders were actually capable of taking me down.
- Present Nucleus: However, that would not be the end of me. The Dark Council harvested my organs for their own purposes and it would just so happen that the son of Dorkros Mullerkaiserfuchslang-Schroderschulzbeckerbauer needed a transplant during his youth in order to save his life. And so, I was reborn!
- Present Nucleus: Unfortunately, Dorkros did not take kindly to me seizing control of his son's body and so he administered drugs to Nerdly that would suppress my ability to manifest. Only recently, now that Dorkros is dead and the puppet organization that produced the drugs has collapsed, have I been able to be free once more!
- Teacher: That's the third time this month. Well, we'll have to get you cleaned up, I guess.
- Solo: Man, ain't school great?Avatar: Yeah...too great. Something's not right here...Solo: Eh, you're just imagining it. School's always been like this. And I think this is actually the fourth time.Avatar: No, it's the third; the fourth one was less than a full month ago, but last month. But why would we be working on this unit for so long, anyway? And where's Nerdly?Solo: Out sick, I thought. Didn't he call and say that so we'd know not to stop by his house this morning?Avatar: No, I'm pretty sure we went to pick him up, and then suddenly...he wasn't there.Solo: Stop worrying and enjoy the show, okay? I've got popcorn.Avatar (after a pause): ...Right...
- A bizarre and unfortunate incident left the writer in charge of this arc in critical condition. Since this hospitalization would prevent the project from making deadlines, TVn stepped in to provide a replacement writer, the head writer of one of their other programs, in hopes that AATAFOVS fans would be intrigued enough to check out the other show, which had been hidden away in the Saturday Night Death Slot only because the creators insisted on its long-term security due to an expansive Myth Arc, but had recently retooled itself and was garnering enough critical praise (or rather, lack of derision) to warrant a second chance.
- Fan reaction was predictably mixed. Most of them could see the dividing line between the two writers, and the reaction to the newcomer was split. Fans of Nucleus were largely disappointed, as a lack of familiarity with the character led to the new writer mainly putting him in predictable scenes that, while using his established characterization, were not terribly compelling. On the other hand, the new fans drawn in by the Darker and Edgier, Hotter and Sexier format were pleased with the increased fanservice.