- Acceptable Targets:On the street I flag down a guy on a bike. He stops beside me, and grins in his shiny glasses. Are you heterosexual? I ask him, and his grin gets wider. Fuckin ay, he says, and I kick him in the dick.
- Moral Event Horizon: Many candidates for this. It's your choice as to exactly when the narrator and his friends cross the line, or if they do at all. Or if they do from the beginning, when they steal the first TV.
- Kidnapping Dr. Verge's son
- When David stabs that guy
- Misaimed Fandom: The narrator does a lot of things that make you want to cheer for him. But, in the process, he hurts some maybe-innocent people. The book is playing with this trope. See Author Avatar on the main page.
YMMV / Lockpick Pornography