- Awesome Music: The theme song is arguably the best thing about the series.
- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The nightclub scene concludes with the entire club doing a line dance that is plain weird, to put it lightly (quite appropriately referred to as El Queso, "the Cheese".) This one scene lasts for well over a minute, with no dialogue whatsoever, to the rhythm of a song other than the soundtrack being played, with even the people seated getting in on it.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Watching Santana is so hilarious it hurts... or maybe it's the other way around. Also, his name.
- Rescued from the Scrappy Heap: The Reveal that Carlos is helping to build an environmental case against Don Silvestre's Jacaranda operations gave a kind of depth to his character we hadn't seen before.
- Snark Bait: Show it to a class. We dare you.
- So Bad, It's Good
- Took the Bad Film Seriously: Demetrio and Don Silvestre's actors take things far more seriously than pretty much everyone else.
YMMV / La Catrina