- Adaptation Displacement: Many readers of the scanlations don't know that the manhua is based on a series of novels.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: In regards to Zhuo's feelings for Lan. Did he really love her for who she is from childhood onwards, even when he moved and only met her awhile ago again, when she's older? Or does he mostly just remember how she was back then and believes she did not change, although he hasn't seen her or had proper contact with her during all that time?
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: Occurs more towards the end of the series, when the NPC Revolt begins, Long Dian reveals himself as the Big Bad and threatens to nuke the world, actually does attack and the characters are forced to prepare for battle in real life to stop him. Quite a drastic change from the initially lighthearted story of a girl playing as a guy in an online Virtual Reality game and having fun adventures. Unfortunately, can be such a drastic change for readers, that they stop caring at this point.
- Fridge Horror: Ignoring the fact that the self aware NPCs are that way because they're people who were trapped in the game while beta testing and lost their memories of the real world after being killed, in the ending they get new bodies made for them in the real world. They go on living as their characters, with Sunshine going to Fairsky and Kenshin moving in with Lan. Their real families? They still think their beloved are dead.
- Game-Breaker: Kenshin, he's not just a Lv100 NPC Companion, he's a Lv100 Boss Class NPC Companion. Its like having Arthas with the same stats as his raid encounter as a party member.
YMMV / ½ Prince