- Base-Breaking Character: Silva's quality and entertaining ability as a wrestler are questioned, as although he was very athletic and technical for a wrestling giant, he suffered from the typical problems of his kind, namely a very basic Wrestling Psychology and little individual charisma. In United States, the only consensus is that he was better than The Great Khali, but not as good as The Big Show.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff:
- Can't be stated enough how loved was Silva in México. When they talk about the greatest superheavyweight wrestlers, Gigante Silva is always right behind André the Giant, and they refer to him as a great worker for his size, very unlike The Great Khali and other American giants who are loathed in the country.
- Also in Japan, where he was really popular.
- "Holy Shit!" Quotient: Whenever Silva busted a cruiserweight move or merely climbed to the top rope.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Silva is not very known among recent wrestling fans, but most of the people who know him believe WWE got the wrong part of Club 7.
YMMV / Giant Silva