- Evil Is Cool: "I'll teach you to make storms, sink ships... You'll be rich, and happy".
- Fridge Logic: Okay, we realise that these shorts are fairy tales, but still: how come an obviously Soviet corrupt store manager can own a land and raise taxes? (Under Communism a private individual can't do these actions on his own; only the state can.)
- Nightmare Fuel: Ekh from "Wow, A Talking Fish!" is pretty damn scary, with his bellowing voice and grotesque transformations.
- Spiritual Successor: The Taverna mini-series, also an Armenian production, with similarly trippy visuals.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: All of the shorts are pretty damn trippy.
YMMV / Armen Film Animated Shorts