- Executive Meddling: The subtitle "A Rock Opera" was forced onto the album by the label.
- Missing Episode: A number of tracks meant to be on the aborted double CD ended up being released on other albums or cannibalized into different songs. Among them:
- "When the Crowds Are Gone", released on their preceeding album Gutter Ballet.
- "DT Jesus", later released on the From The Gutter to the Stage compilation.
- "Desiree", released on a later re-release of Streets.
- "Stay", an accoustic version was released with The Wake of Magellan.
- "Tonight I Would Be King" and "Sanctuary" were both dropped.
- "Larry Elbows" and "Beyond Broadway" were both written into songs for Jon Olivas Pain.
Trivia / Streets: A Rock Opera