- "Slowboat" is an uncharacteristically sincere, emotionally gripping song about waiting, perhaps futilely, for your lover to come home after they've left you for someone else.Slowboat takes me to your home every day
And I wait for you, knowing that you won't come home
For you've found someone new, and you bid me adieu
And I leave you now, but I'll come back another day
- "Fletcher Honorama" is about a man remembering fond things on his deathbed.
- "With All My Might" is generally a sweet Silly Love Song, but it also takes on a sad, honest tone:But you're independent
And maybe you'll leave someday
I'll try to say that's okay
With all my might
- "Rosebud," despite the loud, bombastic '80s production, is a harrowing song about a man trying to comfort his dying wife after they get in a serious car accident.
- Their comeback single from 1994, "When Do I Get To Sing "My Way?" takes on a melancholy edge once you realize that at the time, Sparks were going through a decline in commercial rewards and popularity.
- "All That" is a heartwarming tear jerker, what with it being about an old couple looking back on their lives with a wistful happiness. One could also interpret some of the lines in the song as Ron showing his appreciation and love to his little brother.I don't need to fool around and I don't need to drool around
I'm with you till God says it's time to go
- "Please Don't Fuck Up My World," an uncharacteristically serious song about how much both the natural world and a person's personal world need to be cared for.
Tear Jerker / Sparks