An ominous tower has appeared in LINK VRAINS. An incident then occurs, where many Duelists get converted to data. Learning this, Playmaker heads to LINK VRAINS, bringing the info Ghost Girl entrusted to him with him. He meets up with Go Onizuka and Blue Angel, and exchanges information with them. The three then split up to search for Revolver. However, Blue Angel then runs into Spectre...
This episode contains the following tropes:
- Asshole Victim: Kitamura is turned to data after being defeated by Spectre, after he tries to abandon SOL and join Hanoi.
- Dirty Coward: Kitamura, having lost control of LINK VRAINS, abandons SOL Technologies and sells himself out to the Knights of Hanoi to save his own skin.
- Final Solution: Because the Knights of Hanoi cannot find Cyberse World or take Ai from Playmaker, they've deployed the Tower of Hanoi to utterly destroy all computing devices everywhere. No matter where the Ignis are hiding, even if they aren't connected to the network, they'll be destroyed.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Kitamura begs Spectre not to turn him into data as he disintegrates and gets absorbed by the Tower of Hanoi.
- Human Sacrifice: After failing to defeat Spectre, Kitamura, like many others, is turned into data and absorbed into the Tower of Hanoi, with the intent of powering the Tower so the Knights of Hanoi can destroy LINK VRAINS.
- The Quisling: After losing control over LINK VRAINS, Kitamura turns himself in to the Knights of Hanoi and offers to join their ranks to save his own skin.
- Race Against the Clock: Playmaker, GO, and Blue Angel have six hours to stop the Tower of Hanoi from activating and destroying the entirety of the network world.
- Throw the Dog a Bone: Both Frog and Pigeon are allowed to remain in LINK VRAINS to continue reporting on its goings ons, supposedly because of a previously successful report.