Yuya and Reiji's duel continues. Reiji (Declan) attacks with all three D/D/D monsters, but Yuya is able to defend himself and counterattack to destroy them all on his next turn. Reiji saves them from destruction, but only to use another card to exchange them for two different D/D monsters from his deck; "D/D Savant Kepler" and "D/D Savant Galilei." To everyone's shock, Reiji activates them as Pendulum Monsters, summoning three copies of "D/D/D Doom King Armageddon" from his hand.
Yuya survives this and attempts to make a comeback, but Reiji uses the effect of Armageddon to halt his efforts. Before the duel can continue on Reiji's turn, however, his Pendulum monsters malfunction and destroy his monsters; they're still incomplete. Reiji and Himika are then called away by something important at LDS, and Reiji surrenders to quickly go and take care of it. The You Show Duel School is safe from takeover, but Yuya is stunned at the sight of other Pendulum Monsters.
This episode contains examples of:
- Mass "Oh, Crap!": When Reiji reveals he can Pendulum Summon as well.
- Phlebotinum Breakdown: In the middle of the duel, Reiji's pendulum card start malfunctioning and change the pendulum scale. They guess it's because he didn't "fully master pendulum summoning" yet.
- Uniqueness Value: Reiji shows that he's working around this by creating more Pendulum Cards.
- The Un-Reveal: It's not revealed what Reiji's last drawn card is, or what he meant at the time by going "beyond" Pendulum Summoning. This also means, in a rare moment in Yu-Gi-Oh!, we have no idea who would have won the duel — when the duel ended it was genuinely a toss-up.
- Wham Line: In-Universe:Reiji: Using the Scale 1 D/D Savant Galilei and the Scale 10 D/D Savant Kepler, I set the Pendulum Scale!