Air Date: October 21st, 2005 (UK), October 22nd, 2005 (US)
A statue has been ordered to celebrate the Fat Controller's Railway and Thomas is sent to collect it from the Docks. At the Docks, Thomas is very eager to see the statue thinking that it might be of him as the statue's shape, outlined by the tarpaulin, is similar to his own. Cranky scoffs at Thomas for being vain. That night, Thomas cannot wait to tell his friends, but they are all fast asleep. So he wakes up Percy, who tells Thomas that having a statue of himself is nice.
The next morning, all of the engines are sent to have a washdown whilst Thomas collects other things for the statue ceremony. Thomas tells Edward, Emily, and Percy about his statue, which makes them all very cross. After his jobs, Thomas heads back to Tidmouth, determined to put things right with his friends.
However, the Fat Controller is worried; the snow has blocked the tracks to Abbey where the statue ceremony is to take place. Thomas kindly offers to get the tracks clear of the snow, despite his dislike of his snowplough. Thomas sets to work and soon all of the tracks to Abbey are clear for the engines. However, they are still cross with Thomas.
Suddenly, the snow starts to melt off of the statue and to everyone's surprise, it is not a statue of Thomas. It is a statue of the Steam Team with the Fat Controller. Even Thomas is relieved when he sees the true identity of the statue.
Tropes featured in the episode:
- Acquired Situational Narcissism: Thomas when he realizes that the shape of the statue looked like himself.
- Greeneyed Monster: Implied near the end. The Fat Controller is making a speech about how all of his engines are equally useful. The other engines however don't seem to buy it until they unveil the statue.
- Jerkass Has a Point: Cranky calls out Thomas for being vain about the statue.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: The engines were shocked when Thomas willingly volunteers to clear the snow for the engines despite hating his snowplough.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Percy gives one to Thomas after hearing too much boasting about "his" statue.Percy: Please stop talking about the statue! Nobody wants to hear about it anymore! Nobody wants to talk to you anymore! And neither do I!
- Rule of Three: Thomas tells three engines - Edward, Emily, and then Percy - about the statue, making them cross with him.