The office pairs into couples so that they may all be able to take advantage of a Valentine's Day discount at a mini-mall.
After Andy returns from his boat trip, Erin decides that she is going to break up with him so that she can be with Pete, but Pete begins to doubt her.
Pam and Jim share lunch with Brian, the documentary's sound man.
- Feed the Mole: The office workers attempt to sabotage Andy by giving him a lot of false details about incidents that occurred while he was gone, such as a fire in the warehouse and Dunder Mifflin now selling balloons. However, Andy quickly catches on when David Wallace reacts to these with bemusement, and is able to save face.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: Erin tells Pete she couldn't work up the nerve to break up with Andy, which Pete accepts, saying he just wants her to be happy. This motivates Erin to finally go up and do it for real.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: Upon returning, Andy congratulates Dwight on winning the Scranton White Pages' business but admonishes him for offering a price point that the head office hadn't approved. When Dwight refuses to say they're "coolio", Andy then calls Jan out of spite to inform her of the error. She gets so fed up with Andy that she decides to cancel the account entirely.Andy: That is... not how I had hoped that would go.
- Wham Line: Erin storms into Andy's office and declares they're breaking up, citing him being gone for three months. After she leaves...David Wallace: (on the phone) "Hey Andy, It's David. Still here. What was that about three months...?"
- Wham Shot: Andy suddenly appearing in the office, one day before he was supposed to return from his boat trip.