Sakura's dad gives her class a lecture on the Egyptian pyramids. Syaoran is interested, up until he learns that Professor Kinomoto is Sakura's dad. That evening, Sakura and Touya have to study for their exams. Sakura then finds herself in an endless loop where she retakes her music test.
Tropes for this episode include:
- "Groundhog Day" Loop: The same day plays over and over again, until Sakura seals the card.
- Non-Malicious Monster: The Time Card doesn't mean to cause trouble by resetting the day. It just wants to protect itself against Sakura and Syaoran.
- Ripple-Proof Memory: Sakura, Syaoran and Kero are the only three who realize time has been turned back.
- Rule of Three: The same day gets repeated three times before Sakura and Syaoran's teamwork take down the card.
- Talking Is a Free Action: Subverted; Time paralyzes Sakura before she can finish the sealing incantation.
- Taught by Experience:
- Invoked; Touya and their dad encourage Sakura to practice the music piece she bombed, to learn from her mistakes. This helps when the day resets, and Sakura passes her test that time, and the third time.
- Sakura tries to fly to the clock tower the first time to catch Time. Time simply rewinds her back to the ground, and then speeds up the clock to midnight so the day resets. Sakura on the second attempt sneaks quietly into the tower, only announcing herself when she sees Time's true form. It paralyzes her again, but she gives Syaoran a window to intervene.
- Wham Episode: Sakura learns that Syaoran can take the cards if he has a hand in defeating them. She and Kero aren't happy about that.
- Yank the Dog's Chain: Sakura passes her music test twice. She then remembers that the next day is an English kanji test, and she hasn't studied because she was catching the card!