Now that she has a rival for capturing Clow Cards, Grumpy Bear Syaoran Li, Sakura is a bit morose. Her friends hope that a trip to buy brooches from a nearby store will help. One brooch seems to catch Rika's attention, and possess her. Unfortunately, it also leads to her wielding a sword against a surprised, scared Sakura.
Tropes for this episode include:
- Big Damn Heroes: Syaoran saves Sakura when Rika corners her by blocking her blade with his.
- Chekhov's Gun: Rika and Terada's Held Gaze from the previous episodes comes into play. Sakura uses the Illusion card to distract Rika and summon her beloved. Rika stops and smiles on seeing Mr. Terada.
- "I Know You're in There Somewhere" Fight: It takes a while for Sakura to realize that Rika is possessed while attacking her. She keeps trying to talk Rika down. It doesn't work, and Kero says that Rika will only be free if the sword is knocked out of her hand.
- Hot for Teacher: Rika has a crush on Mr. Terada. It's unclear if he reciprocates it, given the age difference.
- Oh, Crap!: Sakura's reaction when Rika pulls a sword on her and attacks.
- Teacher/Student Romance: It was there in the manga, complete with an engagement ring, but it's reduced to an Ambiguos Situation here.
- Turn the Other Cheek: Sakura thanks Syaoran for helping her capture the Thunder Card. He brusquely accepts the thanks as he explains the robes that he was wearing.
- Wham Line: Tomoyo tells Sakura that Syaoran has a crush on Yukito as well. This means that Li-kun is Sakura's rival in catching the cards and in love.