Basic Trope: A being whose sight/sound/smell/touch causes severe harm to people.
- Straight: People who see the Monster of the Week bleed from the eyes and die.
- Exaggerated: The Monster of the Week can cause people who sense it in any way whatsoever to bleed from all organs, starting with the one that sensed it, and remain trapped between life and death.
- Downplayed: The Monster of the Week can cause people who see it to go temporarily blind.
- Justified: ???
- Inverted: The Monster of the Week can heal damage to people's eyes if they see it.
- Subverted: The Monster of the Week walks by, and Bob, who was on lookout duty, bleeds from the eyes and dies...but it turns out afterwards that his cause of death was poison.
- Double Subverted: However, when Alice, who has taken over lookout duty, sees it, she bleeds and dies like Bob.
- Zigzagged: The Monster of the Week walks by and lookout Bob bleeds from the eyes and dies...but it turns out afterwards that his cause of death was poison. However, when Alice sees it, she bleeds from the eyes and dies like Bob. Charlie, the next lookout, sees it and doesn't die, but only because he was looking at it through a camera. Even if he didn't die, he gets left with a variety of nasty symptoms.
- Parodied: ???
- Averted: No characters in the story possess superpowers.
- Enforced: The author makes the Monster of the Week a walking Brown Note to make it harder to defeat.
- Lampshaded:Bob: Pretty good defense mechanism...no one can look at it and live.
- Invoked: Emperor Evulz casts a spell on a creature causing it to bring death to all who see it.
- Exploited: Emperor Evulz has some of his lackeys round up a Brown Note creature and dump it near the heroes' base, hoping to use it to decimate their army.
- Defied: ???
- Discussed: ???
- Conversed: ???
Don't look at this Playing With page! Get away from Brown Note Being now!