- The enslavement of Israel in a social point of view.
- The slaughter. Particularly when we see a woman with a vacant expression, hand on a cradle from which an Egyptian soldier has just withdrawn a bloody sword.
- That, or she was also killed for trying to defend her baby.
- The Angel of Death, assuming the form of an ominous fog. Even the BGM itself made it even more horrendous.
- And then there's the sounds of screaming outside the house where the first Passover supper is eaten.
- Yochabel getting her belt caught under a giant stone being moved, resulting in her almost being crushed.
- After Moses throws the Commandments at the golden calf it explodes, causing the ground beneath to be opened up, swallowing Dathan and the other revelers. This would scare viewers straight.
Nightmare Fuel / The Ten Commandments