- Well, arguably, just about everything.
- Being kidnapped in the middle of the day
- Being told that humanity is doomed
- The only way to escape is to kill someone, leaving people with the fear of being killed before they can kill someone else
- Finding your friends dead body
- The executions
- Motive two, which has their most precious thing being threatened. To some, it's a material object, and to others, it's a family member. Living with the knowledge that the thing or person you care most about could die doesn't sound like a good time.
- Motive four, which has them living with their biggest fears following them around. The fear of death, of isolation, being told they're useless, being looked down on, reliving previous abuse...
Nightmare Fuel / Nonary Despair 3