- The kitchen scene, in which Monty creates a masterpiece of a meal out of the scraps left for the prisoners. The entire scene shows a softer side to Monty and his past, and he, Alex, Zee and Donovan getting a little closer as kids remembering the good times in their lives.
- Donovan is so overwhelmed by the meal, after years of eating bleak prison food that he began to cry while eating.
- Alex, Donovan and Zee spend an evening in their cell reenacting their favourite books and movies, often with terrible performances that causes each other to burst into genuine fits of laughter.
- Alex and Zee share a much needed thoughtful hug before returning to their Solitary cells, though Zee jokes that Alex better not tell anybody that it happened.
- Alex, Zee and Simon share a good cry together in the warden's control room, after seeing live footage of the rain in the outside world.
- The restaurant scene, in which Alex finally makes that cheeseburger in honour of Donovan.
ExecutionThe time in Alex's house has so many of these moments:
- Alex experiencing and remembering in perfect detail all the little things about his home and his parents that's both beautiful and heartbreaking.
- Lucy, Simon, Zee and Alex having a cup of tea together, finally getting a chance to relax from the hunt.
- Simon finding a picture of a bright, happy, six year old Alex in a class photo.
- Lucy fixing a cup of tea for Sam who pretends to be indifferent, but secretly takes a sip when he thinks no one is looking.