- The bathtub scene in Chapter 17. Intimate, but also heartwarming when both Cloud and Genesis saw and learn about each others' scars, showing that they're Not So Different after all.
- Red XIII is one of the few AVALANCHE members who is against the "protective custody" order for Cloud. Also, he trusts Genesis to protect Cloud, and he still has faith in him on saving Cloud from Sephiroth in the later chapters.
- Genesis, despite being half-injured, will still manage to find Sephiroth just to save Cloud.
Never in his wildest dreams, when hed been wasting away within the Banora crater, had he ever believed that there might be someone else who could understand.
- Another moment when Genesis was given a choice by Sephiroth (with Cloud as his vessel) to leave in peace with the comatose Weiss, which will leave Cloud trapped in Sephiroth's control, he refused.
- And if he was ever given a choice to choose either Cloud or Weiss, he would chose Cloud.
- In the Epilogue when Cloud, want to confirm their relationship, asked Genesis the reason he would chose Cloud, whether it's because he remind him of Zack, a replacement of Sephiroth, or that because of his isolation that anyone else would do. His response:Genesis:Is it because you are connected to Zack, and by extension Angeal? Perhaps partially, at least when we were still strangers. Are you a replacement for Sephiroth? Hardly, beyond the fact that I have found in you a far more worthy and satisfying rival than I ever did him. As for isolation, how are either of us to know for sure? Yet I have had plenty of opportunities even in my exile to seek companionship, and I did not feel the urge.
Genesis:In a world that so hastily judges you, you underestimate the value in a companion who judges you for nothing. Though certainly, it is not your only redeeming feature.
- So, Genesis believed another way to answer about their relationship is by asking Cloud about his search for Understanding. When it took Cloud to finally realize and admit that all this time, he just want to be understood, Genesis kissed him.
- Right before his escape from the WRO's detainnent order, Cloud leaves a note for Denzel to not worry and take care of Tifa and Marlene in his place.
- Though bittersweet, Tifa accepts the change of Cloud's relationship. And even though she doesn't trust or like Genesis since the first time she met him, although it's mostly that she doesn't know him, she would entrust Cloud to Genesis's care. Even if it's gonna take her a while to deal with this change, she will still accept this. As long as Cloud is finally happy, then she will be, too.
- The Beloved poem, the unofficial sequel of Loveless, itself. Though some may sound a bit bittersweet, it still carries a much more optimistic and hopeful message.ACT1Beloved is the DawnThe bell of broken slumberTo a healed world, a new oathA promise carried past the endACT2My Friend, your dreamHeralds the return of the GoddessRestless wandering without respiteHistorys search has no conclusionACT3As the beast awakens, the Hero sets outChosen by the Goddess, loved and forsakenAn oath unfulfilledHe trusts in the ShadowAnd finds light in the abyssThe lovers share an oathThough their hearts are filled with doubtACT4In mistrust, joyIn faith, despairCruel are the trials of the GoddessTorn between worldsThe prisoner begins a new journeyThe chosen knight, seeking her mysteriesHis blood scorched by black fireHis heart soothed by her blessingHe goes to battleMy Friend, the dream is LostThere is no prisoner, no hopeThe sword has fallen upon your feetMy Soul cleansed of darknessDesires only truthTo defy shadows and return to gloryAnd end Your endless journeyNow all that remains to wantIs only vengeanceACT5The morrow is robbed of hopeYet still, you are belovedRising to the heavens on broken wingsSo let it be my fate.Even if the morrow should not forgive meI shall carry no regretsLegend shall speak of my sacrificeOf the story past the Worlds End.
Heartwarming / Beloved