Shota Kageyama is a Japanese video game composer, active since 2007. He began his career at Yasunori Mitsudas Procyon Studio, where he helped compose the music of Luminous Arc. He left the studio in late 2007, and went on to join Game Freak, where he composed music in multiple Pokémon titles, and also arranged several pieces from Red and Blue for the OVA series Pokémon Origins.
On December 31, 2013, Kageyama left Game Freak to pursue an independent musical career, though left open the possibility of working with them again in the future. He went on to set up his own studio, Spica Musica.
He has also been a member of the Japanese band Lecetto (under the alias Shota) since 2009, as a composer, arranger and pianist.
Kageyamas composition style is quite varied, but often tends to fall into epic orchestra, Lonely Piano Pieces and upbeat, catchy tunes, and he likes to use piano a lot in his works in general, fitting to his background as a pianist.
Video Game Music
- Black Knight and White Devil (2017, with Yoko Shimomura)
- CHUNITHM (2015, with various others, only composed the track overcome)
- Kamen no Yuusha ~Kokoro no Meikyuu RPG~ (2016)
- Kyoukai no Shirayuki (2016)
- Luminous Arc (2007, with Yasunori Mitsuda, Akari Kaida and Kazumi Mitome)
- Pokémon Black and White (2010, with Go Ichinose, Hitomi Sato, Junichi Masuda and Minako Adachi)
- Pokémon Duel (2016)
- Pokemon Heart Gold And Soul Silver (2009, with Go Ichinose, Hitomi Sato and Takuto Kitsuta)
- Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (2014, with Minako Adachi, Hitomi Sato and Hideaki Kuroda)
- Pokémon X and Y (2013, with Minako Adachi, Hitomi Sato and Junichi Masuda)
- Pokkén Tournament (2015, with various others)
- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (2008, arrangement only, with various others)
- Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U (2014, arrangement only, with various others)
- Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! (2018, with Junichi Masuda)
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (2018, arrangement only, with various others)
Singles and Albums (as part of Lecetto)
- I Note, their first single, consisting of two tracks, "I Note" and "Panna"
- And It Begins Again
- Light and Wind
- Ordinary Life +1, their first album, containing all songs from their previously released singles and 3 new songs (Drop, Water.. and The Paris Sky)