Nick Andreas is the main character of Breathing Underwater, a sixteen year old with issues who's in an anger management class after being found guilty of abusing his girlfriend. Throughout the novel it's shown how he met Caitlin and how he is doing after the fallout.
- Abusive Parents: His father is very strict and often beats him. It's gotten to the point that Nick has a procedure for getting out of school whenever he has a visible bruise.
- Domestic Abuse: Suffers from it along with dishing it out.
- Missing Mom: Nick's mom is nowhere to be seen.
- Stalker with a Crush: What Nick becomes to Caitlin after the trial.
- The Atoner: After Leo, a friend of his from therapy, kills his girlfriend Neysa and himself.
Nick's abused girlfriend.
A friend of Nick's from his anger management class.