Welcome, one and all, to my first liveblog! I've decided to do this because i've always been interested by playthroughs of games hosted live to some degree - Let's Plays, Streams, even the occasional liveblog here. Not to make this form of documentation sound bad; it requires just as much love in the series and trade, if not more, to pull off, I feel. Therefore, because i'm broke and don't know shit about editing software, i've come here to Tv Tropes.
Now enough of the rambling, let's get started with some more thematic introductory hooblah. To start off with a blanket statement, i'm going to be covering Borderlands 2 in its entirety. This means:
- Every main story mission, obviously.
- Every side mission.
- All four of the DLC expansions and everything in them, which are:
- Captain Scarlet and her Pirate's Booty
- Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
- Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt
- Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
Purchase of the DLC expansions should not be considered an issue, as I got the Season Pass way back before the Captain Scarlet DLC. Gotta get the bang for my buck here, y'know?
Speaking of that, I'm going to return to some personal hooblah to address the... main schtick of this playthrough, I suppose. That being, there's a specific character i'm going to go through all this with. That character, as the liveblog's name may imply, is Krieg the Psycho. The reason for this is that i've lost interest in playing any of the other characters, and Krieg sounds right up my alley. After all, who doesn't love playing a psychotic rage monster? Anyone? Thought so.
The Premise: 100% completion of Borderlands 2 as Krieg the Psycho. This entails:
- Every main story mission and every side mission as defined by being a quest in the quest log.
- All four DLC expansion packs as listed previously are to be completed under the same guidelines.
- Anything more than this is strictly my own choice and not required as such.
- I will not spoil the game at all for those of you that have never played it. I expect you fellow Psychos to do the same.
- Any aspect of the game I feel necessary or worthwhile to delve into for the sake of the playthrough is my choice. I'll cover most everything (Eridium, a base enemy type, etc.) at least once, but I will not maintain any sort of database of these things to refer back to, as for the most part such a database is not necessary.
- Randomized loot in the fashion of guns, grenades and so on is a big part of the game. As such, I will at least give you a general idea of what I find when I do find it, and when I pick up something worthy of note for whatever reason, I will see fit to go more in-depth into it.
- In addition to this, I will periodically provide a sheet of my current layout in terms of guns, grenades, mods, etc., usually at the end of each 'Act' of the game on principle.
- Loose Rule: No other Kriegs should be in the party. I'm aware that people may play and like Krieg, so another one of them in the party is fine if the player insists, but i'm firstly a bit of an advocate of no two X'sor Y's being in the same group and secondly want to show off the various styles of play accomplishable with less Krieg's running around.
- Enforced Rule: Players must try their best to join with a character that is no less or no more than 5 levels from Krieg if he's just reached that level or +/- 5 from the level he'll next be if he's close. I feel like this rule's gonne be the deal breaker for anybody wanting to do this with me, as this is pretty much asking them to replay the game alongside me, but this is here because i'd like to keep the characters on roughly the same playing field when it comes to how powerful we are. I need to make this interesting for myself as much as I need to for you all, and i'd rather not ask you to hold back on fighting things if you brought something higher.
- Enforced Rule: No hacked shit, please. The only particular form of hacking i'd be fine with is if you knew how to make yourself a new save in Borderlands 2 with a character within my preferred level requirements with nothing extra added to the points, and that's only to make it easier on you all to join. I know a guy myself who knows how to do it and has done so for a friend of mine, so it's possible somewhere.
- Co-Op will occur for each of the raid bosses by default. While past that, the majority ofthe main game will be done solo, I may end up doing the DLC expansions in their entirety cooperatively. How many people are interested in doing cooperative play that vocalize it here and my current situation in regards to accessibility will be the determining factors.