* Felix's chip on his shoulder regarding the Board makes a lot more sense when finding out that he's Chairman Rockwell's abandoned illegitimate son.
* [[HumansAreMorons Why is everyone so gorram stupid in the system?]] That's because the two colony ships were segregated with the geniuses, engineers, and scientists being located on one of the ships (Hope) while the corporate leaders, laborers, and middle managers were on the latter. There was some overlap but the loss of the Hope meant that the colonists were left with roughly seventy years of corporate rule as well as minimum education outside of Byzantium. Even the best educated people also were encouraged to pursue what was profitable and pleasing to the Board rather than what was genuinely helpful to the Halcyon colony as a whole.
* Why is Ellie a NominalHero only out for number one? [[spoiler: She grew up on Byzantium where everyone is encouraged to be a RichIdiotWithNoDayJob SpoiledBrat with FantasticRacism to the poor.]] The irony is that Ellie is actually nicer than the average member of her society and considerably less bigoted even if [[spoiler: everything she's doing is an elaborate five year-long teen rebellion.]]
* Felix's chip on his shoulder regarding the Board makes a lot more sense [[spoiler: finding out that he's Chairman Rockwell's abandoned illegitimate son.]]
* Even before Max realizes what an ass he's been, he can give Felix advice on how to have a better mean left hook quite earnestly. Max has said before that his parents called his poorly masked penchant for violence "violent enthusiasm" (which he admits to not having controlled very well during his youth), and the first weapon that he mentions being good with when you recluit him is a tossball stick. Tossball is one heck of a violent sport. As if that wasn't clear enough, if you head over to Byzantium with Max at your side two Byzantines will comment on how your friend seemed familiar...Perhaps an old tossball player? Yeah, Max also said he played tossball in prison, but from the sound of it he was probably a tossball player during his youth! There's a reason he's got a "mean left hook". And it's pretty cool that this becomes his bond with Felix.
* Why is Ellie a NominalHero only out for number one?
* This is also the case that ThePlague in Edgewater [[spoiler: was just due to malnutrition.]] Massive amounts of suffering occurred because apparently nobody had a [Medicine 1] or [Science 1] score.
* Just how many people were killed by [[spoiler: taking "Early Retirement" in Byzantium?]]
Showing 15 edit(s) of 24