10:49:03 PM Sep 24th 2015
I think the Fair Folk (Dark Elves) should replace the Eldritch spot while the Eldritch replaces the Fallen spot.
11:43:31 AM Jan 7th 2011
I think I'd already removed this and it came back, so I'm putting it up for discussion (while removing it again). I think this is just a case of shoehorning:
- Harry Potter. You have to squint a bit, but it can work:
- Antagonist wizards, including Voldemort and much further down the Sliding Scale of Antagonist Vileness, Peter Pettigrew, the Malfoys, and Professor Snape, mix the "humanoid" and "fallen" role.
- Werewolves count as "the fallen", they're literally cursed humans, although a subversion as we meet the (so far only) non-antagonistic one first.
- Dementors are the obvious "eldritch" race. Ghostlike, faceless, almost impossible to kill, but easily stunned / repelled.
- Trolls and dragons fit the "savage" role: big, strong, not that bright.
- Giant spiders build webs that can act as traps, but use Zerg Rush as their main attack. Both typical Crafty traits.
06:42:09 PM Aug 13th 2010
- Ferengi are pretty firm members of The Federation though...